Boston Crusaders 2023

1 hour ago, fighterkit said:

I love Ryans "Burn the Ships" shirt in this video. It really encapsulates the thought process for this season. 

Burn the Boats has been a Boston Univ. hockey slogan since the 2009 campaign for the National Championship.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was the weirdest movie I ever saw. 

agreed 

but the guy from The Whale would love Boston’s show!! 

• Haha 1

There's a difference between a "Boston" & "New England" accent?  Hmmmm.  I didn't know this.  I think I can tell the difference between a Philly, Joisey, and NY accent, but not between Boston/New England. 

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

There's a difference between a "Boston" & "New England" accent?  Hmmmm.  I didn't know this.  I think I can tell the difference between a Philly, Joisey, and NY accent, but not between Boston/New England. 

Yes there is a HUGE difference from a Boston accent to a say, coastal Maine fisherman.   And, another big difference from Boston to Rhode Island. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, craiga said:

Yes there is a HUGE difference from a Boston accent to a say, coastal Maine fisherman.   And, another big difference from Boston to Rhode Island. 

And even within Boston there’s variety. (Speaking as someone who dated a chap from Southie, once.) 

2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

As others have already pointed out, there is a huge difference in accents within New England,... borne of both Geography and Economic Class. An upper Class, wealthy " Brahmin " born and raised in ( for example ) Beacon Hill section of Boston ( think the Kennedy's/ Welds/ Cabots/ Peabody's, et al ) have a completely different accent than in Boston blue collar, working class residents that might live only a handful of miles away. ( such current noticeable accents however can be expected to end with time and generations passing, and mobility within socio economic classes... we are already beginning to see this ). Those who were born and raised in N.E. can still easily  tell the geographical regional difference in accents from someone born and raised in ( for example ) Connecticut, with that of a person born and raised in Maine or Vermont,.. and vice versa.  My Greater Boston region born and raised accent is easily recognizable from that of my family from southern Ct. Their accent is closer to that of New York City than that of Boston... and neither of us have accents that quite resemble that of people born and raised in Maine or Vermont. Boston and Providence, R.I., are only an hours drive between them away. Both native born residents have accents however that set them apart. Huge differences thus within the region of N.E. regarding accents, Greg in Orange County.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

And even within Boston there’s variety. (Speaking as someone who dated a chap from Southie, once.) 

Southie's thing is entirely distinct from the rest.  I remember my first visit down to Southie while living in Boston and I just flabbergasted by the change in accent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Southie's thing is entirely distinct from the rest.  I remember my first visit down to Southie while living in Boston and I just flabbergasted by the change in accent.

Good Will Hunting.  How do ya like them apples?

• Like 3