Boston Crusaders 2023

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Excuuz mee.  Does this road go to Pohtland?   Ah, noo, it stays right heahh.

I have Farmington/Wilton/Mexico/Rumford connections, so I get to hear that periodically.

Edited by jjeffeory

6 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I have Farmington/Wilton/Mexico/Rumford connections, so I get to hear that periodically.

Written versions don’t allow you to hear the sing song lilt of the phrasing.  Most pronounced versions are from Jonesport.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I was born in Rumford and got my degree from U Maine Farmington....small world. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I can tell the difference between a Maine and Boston accent!

I can't, but I can tell the difference between a So. Cal Boomer vs. GenX & Millennial (other than looks):

"Like, I was going down the, like, 405 to Venice for my, like, pilates class, and, like, the traffic was, like epic, but my class is, like, fly, so it's, like, totally worth it."

Drives me insane.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I can't, but I can tell the difference between a So. Cal Boomer vs. GenX & Millennial (other than looks):

"Like, I was going down the, like, 405 to Venice for my, like, pilates class, and, like, the traffic was, like epic, but my class is, like, fly, so it's, like, totally worth it."

Drives me insane.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Drives me insane.

You would go crazy down here.  No one is from here. Everyone has a different accent. It kind of drives me nuts.  And there are no hard core Chicago accents like mine.  Chi CAW go. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Drives me insane.

I am one hour southeast of you in Murrieta (Riverside County).

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Like, ONdrya Wolfson has, like, grandchildren now and they're just as obnoxious.  But at least their heads are buried in their cell phones so we don't hear them as much. 

25 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Like, ONdrya Wolfson has, like, grandchildren now and they're just as obnoxious.  But at least their heads are buried in their cell phones so we don't hear them as much. 

Totally.  Gag me with an iPhone!