Boston Crusaders 2023

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A few comments make it so we can’t have nice things.  Not per se what you or I said, but we were down the rabbit hole with others & the whole thing was excised   

But, back on topic.   How do you think BAC will do this summer?   Personally I would like to see a battle at top where quarterfinals & semifinals have different order each night, with no Corps undefeated, design/demand scores equal & the actual performance at finals determines the winner.  

ps - Do they have Culver’s in FL?   Used to go in Chicago are w/ my dad before he passed.   They had good fish too, but where you are in FL you have better options.  

I think Boston is going to win this year.  
Culver’s is right down the road or else I would not have moved here. I used to eat it decades ago when it was only in Wisconsin.  The only reason it’s called a butter burger is because the bun is buttered before it’s toasted lest anyone think I’m eating burgers full of sticks of butter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just made a joke about Culver’s and it was removed. I don’t even know why I bother surfing over here anymore.  

Don Henley might as well have been singing about DCP in Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TOC said:

Well, fighterkit did march a few years with Boston and ended up last year as their DM I believe.  A pretty good ring side seat.

Bari 19/20 and DM for 21/22. So I get to hear some things occasionally. 

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I agree that fighterkit has the credentials to evaluate BAC.  But what we don’t yet know is how BD, Bloo, Crown, et al stack up in relation.   And we won’t until summer. 

I've heard some stuff from Crown and a few others from camps, but I will hold off on opinions of those because I think it's a little unfair to make comparisons this early considering I didn't get the chance to hear any of these hornlines in person. 

I am 100% biased though towards BAC, and will be a superfan until I die, but I guess that comes with the territory of being their DM.

I will say that I recorded every single camp and full ens we did as a corps in 19-22 to revisit the way things sounded and from my ears this is the best sounding hornline I've ever heard from BAC in my time here. I can't share those camp recordings out of respect for the corps and because it's not my place, but if I had to I would rank the corps sounds from Jan camp as BAC 23, BAC 20, BAC 22, BAC 19 (with best to worst). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I agree that fighterkit has the credentials to evaluate BAC.  But what we don’t yet know is how BD, Bloo, Crown, et al stack up in relation.   And we won’t until summer. 

Agree. We can all likely assume these Corps will be loaded with the requisite marcher talent to compete for a title this summer too.  It will come down to mostly show design and performance execution by Championships, imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

ps - Do they have Culver’s in FL?   Used to go in Chicago are w/ my dad before he passed.   They had good fish too, but where you are in FL you have better options.  

Yes, they do have Culver's in Florida. One is located just about a 1 1/2 mile away from us too. I have never eaten there before. I have heard they are pretty good for fast food. I might check them out one of these days.

Edited by Boss Anova

26 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes, they do have Culver's in Florida. One is located just about a 1 1/2 away from us too. I have never eaten there before. I have heard they are pretty good for fast food. I might check them out one of these days.

They are in Georgia as well.  There's one about 4 miles from my house.  Good burger, you pay what you would expect.  They even realize you'll have to wait on your food to cook so they have designated wait areas in the drive thru lane.  I prefer the custard at Freddie's, but Culver's is okay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

They are in Georgia as well.  There's one about 4 miles from my house.  Good burger, you pay what you would expect.  They even realize you'll have to wait on your food to cook so they have designated wait areas in the drive thru lane.  I prefer the custard at Freddie's, but Culver's is okay.

Never had Culvers. Not one near me, but the custard and fry sauce at Freddies is Devine 

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

No Culvers in my part of VA. 
I see that you are in College Station.  Hope BAC has a better 2023 than A&M had 2022.   

Ouch 😞

We lose games we deserve to win (App state, Colorado) and then beat teams we absolutely do not deserve to (Georgia, Florida, LSU).

Though maybe BAC can take some pointers from TAMU and add a bugle line and military marching (lol)

• Haha 1

Just now, fighterkit said:

Ouch 😞

We lose games we deserve to win (App state, Colorado) and then beat teams we absolutely do not deserve to (Georgia, Florida, LSU).

Though maybe BAC can take some pointers from TAMU and add a bugle line and military marching (lol)

TAMU band is best there is in that style.  Occurs to me that what BAC as well as all other Corps need is NIL money.  

We’ll see you this November in Baton Rouge.  Geaux Tigers 

• Like 1