Carolina Crown 2023

On 10/7/2022 at 11:35 PM, Whiskey said:

It’s good to see some new staff in the game from several corps.  It will be interesting to see who thrives and becomes the next big instructors. 

I’d love for someone to give Travis Peterman another shot because he was doing good stuff for Crown. 

I’m actually excited to see what the new staff bring to Crown.  Really happy with who they chose for their new corps director. 

Who is the new corps director?

23 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Who is the new corps director?

311101064_476347117863794_27899536759430

Carolina Crown Inc. today announced it has named Joe Roach as Corps Director, effective December 1, 2022. Mr. Roach, who will be only the third director in Crown's 33-year history. joins Carolina Crown from Music City where he served as Executive Director. Prior to Music City, Roach was with the Cavaliers in several roles including Director of Programs.

“We are excited to welcome Joe to Crown,” said Jim Coates, Chief Executive Officer. “His knowledge and experience as a proven leader within the drum corps activity will enable our team to continue developing all areas of the Crown drum corps. We look forward to Joe’s contributions as we continue to impact the lives of our membership and staff through a challenging performance and educational program.”

Edited by ZTWright
Wrong staff change.

20 hours ago, ZTWright said:

311101064_476347117863794_27899536759430

Carolina Crown Inc. today announced it has named Joe Roach as Corps Director, effective December 1, 2022. Mr. Roach, who will be only the third director in Crown's 33-year history. joins Carolina Crown from Music City where he served as Executive Director. Prior to Music City, Roach was with the Cavaliers in several roles including Director of Programs.

“We are excited to welcome Joe to Crown,” said Jim Coates, Chief Executive Officer. “His knowledge and experience as a proven leader within the drum corps activity will enable our team to continue developing all areas of the Crown drum corps. We look forward to Joe’s contributions as we continue to impact the lives of our membership and staff through a challenging performance and educational program.”

Stud! I think he'll be a great fit into the Crown organization.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZTWright said:

I know nothing of him, but I do know he has some big shoes to fill.

He's got a leg up on any other candidates as he was director of Music City, and The Cavaliers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ZTWright said:

311101064_476347117863794_27899536759430Prior to Music City, Roach was with the Cavaliers in several roles including Director of Programs.

59 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

He's got a leg up on any other candidates as he was director of Music City, and The Cavaliers.

If he was a director of The Cavies, why not mention that instead of Director of Programs?  

On 10/7/2022 at 11:35 PM, Whiskey said:

It’s good to see some new staff in the game from several corps.  It will be interesting to see who thrives and becomes the next big instructors. 

I’d love for someone to give Travis Peterman another shot because he was doing good stuff for Crown. 

I’m actually excited to see what the new staff bring to Crown.  Really happy with who they chose for their new corps director. 

Unless other recent changes have caused a cascade effect, expect Travis will be announced somewhere in the near future.  I know I’m being vague.

16 hours ago, TOC said:

If he was a director of The Cavies, why not mention that instead of Director of Programs?  

I'm confused. Do you think I'm incorrect, or do you want to criticise the press release?

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/ackerson-retires-roach-promoted-to-cavaliers-director

(ROSEMONT, ILLINOIS) – The Cavaliers congratulate Mark Ackerson on his retirement as Director of The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps and announce the promotion of Joe Roach, who will take over the director position, effective immediately.

“It’s time for us to take another positive step in our development and support the next generation of leadership,” Ackerson said. “This announcement is about setting the corps up for success, and I believe we’re doing exactly that with Joe Roach as the new director."

After holding the Assistant Director position in 2016, Joe Roach has been promoted to take on the corps’ Director role effective immediately.

“Joe embodies the absolute best of our mission, ideals, and work ethic, and I’m proud to say that he’ll be leading and shaping the Cavalier experience into the years ahead,” Lugo said. “Our future is bright with Joe Roach as an inspiring figure impacting our corps and our organization."

Originally from Mt. Prospect, Ill., Roach attended Prospect High School and performed with The Cavaliers' front ensemble in 1998. After attending The University of Iowa, Joe returned to Chicago to pursue his career as a private music educator.

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm confused. Do you think I'm incorrect, or do you want to criticise the press release?

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/ackerson-retires-roach-promoted-to-cavaliers-director

(ROSEMONT, ILLINOIS) – The Cavaliers congratulate Mark Ackerson on his retirement as Director of The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps and announce the promotion of Joe Roach, who will take over the director position, effective immediately.

“It’s time for us to take another positive step in our development and support the next generation of leadership,” Ackerson said. “This announcement is about setting the corps up for success, and I believe we’re doing exactly that with Joe Roach as the new director."

After holding the Assistant Director position in 2016, Joe Roach has been promoted to take on the corps’ Director role effective immediately.

“Joe embodies the absolute best of our mission, ideals, and work ethic, and I’m proud to say that he’ll be leading and shaping the Cavalier experience into the years ahead,” Lugo said. “Our future is bright with Joe Roach as an inspiring figure impacting our corps and our organization."

Originally from Mt. Prospect, Ill., Roach attended Prospect High School and performed with The Cavaliers' front ensemble in 1998. After attending The University of Iowa, Joe returned to Chicago to pursue his career as a private music educator.

I was confused too, which is why I didn't reply. 

9 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

2 hours ago, ZTWright said:

I was confused too, which is why I didn't reply. 

Probably the press release. 

ZTWright posted, "Prior to Music City, Roach was with the Cavaliers in several roles including Director of Programs."   Then your post of 10/10 said, "He's got a leg up on any other candidates as he was director of Music City, and The Cavaliers."  So I'm thinking, ZT implies his highest position with the Cavies was Director of Programs and JJ says Director.  Too me, Corps Director is higher up the ladder.  Then I confused everyone by typing a confusing question I guess. 

• Thanks 1