Staff Merry-go-round

59 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I noticed that with the Cadets guard guy at LOS this past year.

Still very young, but clearly on staff and trying to show the world how important he was...

I dont know who you are describing, but it sounds like the Visual Caption Head. Been doing  that for years... Everyone else is gone and off the field, and he needs to make sure he is SEEN. 

Fragile. Juvenile. 

Disappointed he was hired back as by deduction it seems like he was the source of Darcie's Staff issues last year. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daave said:

My observation would be that this is because the activity, generally, expects excellence from the kids and accepts (on many levels) less than that from the adults.

THAT'S a shame. 

11 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

That was the Visual Caption Head. Been doing  that for years... Everyone else is gone and off the field, and he needs to make sure he is SEEN. 

Fragile. Juvenile. 

Disappointed he was hired back as by deduction it seems like he was the source of Darcie's Staff issues last year. 

Wait I'm confused. What did the guard guy do that was wrong? 

Edited by 2000Cadet

56 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I dont know who you are describing, but it sounds like the Visual Caption Head. Been doing  that for years... Everyone else is gone and off the field, and he needs to make sure he is SEEN. 

Fragile. Juvenile. 

Maybe he was channeling Mr. Zingali?

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

THAT'S a shame. 

Wait I'm confused. What did the guard guy do that was wrong? 

Oh, I described a scenario during finals week 2022 where my fiance and I were trying to get into an elevator.  We encountered a Cadet guard staff person (with credentials) who told us we couldn't get on the elevator that we were trying to get on.  The elevator attendant told me that the staff person wasn't in charge of the elevator; she was! Anyway, he tried soooo hard to sound official.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Oh, I described a scenario during finals week 2022 where my fiance and I were trying to get into an elevator.  We encountered a Cadet guard staff person (with credentials) who told us we couldn't get on the elevator that we were trying to get on.  The elevator attendant told me that the staff person wasn't in charge of the elevator; she was! Anyway, he tried soooo hard to sound official.

I’m not that surprised at this scenario. When I was a teacher and took the train to Boston each day, a well known drum corps personality from the area, and no it was not a Bonfiglio, an Aungst, Tony DiCarlo, anyone associated with BAC or the late George Zingali, who sat next to me pretty frequently and loved talking drum corps. Being a commuter buddy did not translate to friendship when running into him at shows. I can laugh off the self important behavior in the stands, at Shapiro’s or White Castle, Yocco’s, or other public places. My concern is if it impacts how they treat marching members. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Fragile. Juvenile. 

well at least he didn't pace the sideline the entire show

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Ohhhhh...some staff person from SCV did that to me back in 2010. I pushed right past him. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Ohhhhh...some staff person from SCV did that to me back in 2010. I pushed right past him. 

Was practically shoved off by some unmasked SCV staffers after their show in the aisles this season. In my jacket and star no less. I remain disappointed. Some were fellow alum, and I'm not recognizable by any stretch so...I guess it's better that they seem to treat anyone/everyone this way? Smdh

Some of the best staffers I marched with would set them all straight doublequick. You don't treat people like that and maintain our classy reputation. Myron rolls in his grave. I guess all I can hope for is they treat the membership with more respect.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1