Staff Merry-go-round

55 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Uhhhh … I got corrected a few times about Mr. Dickey and Bluecoats…

This came out  a few minutes ago. 

what gives? 

https://bluecoats.com/news/2022/10/12/new-educators-join-brass-team-alongside-many-returning-team-members

A lot of staff swapping going on this year

Kind of like this Monty Python sketch

• Haha 2

On 10/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Maybe he was channeling Mr. Zingali?

George was many things. But fragile, juvenile are terms nobody would attribute to him. And all his antics in the stands were to draw attention to the corps, not to himself, per se. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Myron Rosander? You make mention of him often. I didn’t know him personally but he was my favorite drill writer. I’m happy to know he was a good mentor and educator. 

He was one of the few uber-alum that was there every year I was. Merely learning his drill was instructive, 03 being especially, wildly experimental. He was central in soft skills development like watching out for each other, leaving a place cleaner than you found it... while also effortlessly igniting the creative synergy across staff and members. We all respected him and he was missed when he was off tour. The joy we saw on his face when we beat BD in 04 was like nothing else... we held that record until 2018. If they say GR was our heart, I've always felt Myron Rosander was our soul. And it remains significant that both are no longer with us. I gave him the only stars I earned... they were later replaced by another kindhearted alum. Because that's just how the best of us treat their fellow alum. (I admit my grace falls me at times, as is true for other survivors.) He was only a mentor, and only while on tour. Yet I'm afraid I fail to accurately demonstrate the vast depth of gratitude I feel for getting the opportunity to learn from him.

On a lighter note, I came across my original printouts of the closer drill recently. We were computerized by then, but you can still see his hand in it. ❤️💚

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

what gives? 

https://bluecoats.com/news/2022/10/12/new-educators-join-brass-team-alongside-many-returning-team-members

I think what happens is the rich get richer

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

George was many things. But fragile, juvenile are terms nobody would attribute to him. And all his antics in the stands were to draw attention to the corps, not to himself, per se. 

? ? ?

please go back and read my post. Antics are antics whether they are from George or George wannabes.

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

? ? ?

please go back and read my post. Antics are antics whether they are from George or George wannabes.

Reread … I think we should just agree to disagree. Not all antics are alike.  Some are not for self-aggrandizement. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was at Hershey in 04, so I saw you perform there 

i saw that performance too! we had the same seats forever...if i was marching i'd go sit with dad when we were done. if i wasn't in my seats for the first corps. I guess knowing the 5 Star team all our  lives paid off!

I still remember in 92, Hannum asking if he could sit in our empty to watch Star...well hell yeah! Then Xmen came on, and i asked if he wanted to stay to watch and he said sure...and he laughed at the drum solo, praising his former student's book...some guy named Thurston

• Like 3

Crowns percussion staff has that Broken City vibe....left hand rim shots to come?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

what gives? 

I I see why 5k is the standard fee for world class instruction in drum corps...I had a HORN INSTRUCTOR in a corps that fielded 40 HORNS and we were considered top tier...This brass staff is gargantuan!...peace