Staff Merry-go-round

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Still find it funny you got mad at @Jeff Reamjoke but here you are fishing jokes 😅

To be fair … it was pretty funny.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

what does the "performance coach" do? 

Teach the kids how to visually project to the upper stands...all the bod work in the world won't mean a thing if it's not clear...just like a brass or guard phrase.

This isn't a new idea...IIRC, the solo male dancer from 87 Cadets taught movement to 93 Star...and for the same reason.

It happens in other fields...Elizabeth Olsen had a movement coach for her role as Scarlett Witch in the MCU, ensuring that her motions were graceful when SW was using her powers...I mean, even when she was kicking Thanos' purple butt, she looked like a dancer with superpowers.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, craiga said:

George, I agree.   Thom Hannum can be arguably considered the father of modern dci percussion.   Tom Aungst and Colin McNutt are each a  protégé of his.

Over the past several years I have become friends with several recent Crown alums. I get the impression that a member of the Crown brass staff has had an outsized amount of influence over pretty everything over the there.  If true, that may explain Thom taking his leave.

throw that hammer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Sits in the stands and yells “Vanguard!” At critical moments?

and you lecture me on cheap humor LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Still find it funny you got mad at @Jeff Reamjoke but here you are fishing jokes 😅

well, mine was targeted elsewhere.

Besides we all know Gaines is the guy telling "Jonz"

13 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

what does the "performance coach" do? 

Exactly.  We now have them in education at the elementary, middle, & secondary levels.  The one at my HS sends a weekly news letter & organizes social events for teachers.  🙄😬

Money well spent in schools? 🤷‍♂️ But they maybe great for corps.   

(Think ours are paid with Covid funds which are more effective for the students.)

Edited by keystone3ply
cx