New Locations for World Championships after 2028?

9 hours ago, crownisking said:

Just looked it up, turns out they did. I stand corrected. That’s weird that US Bands would have a show there but not BOA or DCI. 

DCI i can understand...often times scholastic organizations get much better rates than non-scholastic groups. YEA got Metlife for a great price for USBands, and worked a deal with the Cadets on the times they ran shows there. OA...since they have so many other shows, they may have kept existing relationships

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

didn't USBands run a show there pre-pandemic?

US Bands ran show there for some time before the pandemic. I believe they ran a Monday or Tuesday show there this year.

My understanding from people who have seen bands in the Cowboys stadium is the sound is horrible, as in worse than any indoor stadium DCI has ever had a show in.

And, if anyone mentions the Superdome, have you seen how far away the sideline is from the seats there? I don't think that would be a viable venue. Not sure about room for warmup and bus parking in NOLA.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

My understanding from people who have seen bands in the Cowboys stadium is the sound is horrible, as in worse than any indoor stadium DCI has ever had a show in.

And, if anyone mentions the Superdome, have you seen how far away the sideline is from the seats there? I don't think that would be a viable venue. Not sure about room for warmup and bus parking in NOLA.

worse than RCA Dome? Thats bad!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfgang said:

You feel like you're about 50 yards from the stands to the sideline.  

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s hard to believe.  I’d see horn players with horns down and still hear them playing in that place. 

As someone who performed in the Hoosier Dome several times, it was always fun to listen to the last phrases of your closer as you leave the field. 

• Haha 4

On 11/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, jjeffeory said:

I've taken 3 hours to drive from DC to Dale City in daily traffic, so you're doing great!

Yep... spent several years doing the MD to Northern VA commute. Not for the faint of heart!!! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

worse than RCA Dome? Thats bad!!!

I’ve never had a chance to visit the RCA Dome but I’ve been to AT&T Stadium for a few events and yes, the acoustics are pretty bad. Kinda thought they would’ve tried to address that by now but I guess not. 

I still say Las Vegas.  Get all the hotels to pony up rooms for free for the corps and transportation to the football fields at local schools. 🙂