The Cadets 2023

12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Oh, come on.  Atlas doesn't rise...does he?

Don't tell me I've got some more research to do to understand Cadets' show?  🙄

You can almost use this show a a metaphor for the Cadets. Went from being on top (Parts 1/2), to losing almost everything (Parts 3/4), and then "Rising" from the ashes to compete again (Part 5). 

Atlas = The Cadets --> Cadets Rising from 2018. Not a smooth rise for them, they have had some bumps along the way, but a rising nonetheless. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, postertrout said:

You can almost use this show a a metaphor for the Cadets. Went from being on top (Parts 1/2), to losing almost everything (Parts 3/4), and then "Rising" from the ashes to compete again (Part 5). 

Atlas = The Cadets --> Cadets Rising from 2018. Not a smooth rise for them, they have had some bumps along the way, but a rising nonetheless. 

There's no almost -- I believe this show design is supposed to be a metaphor.   

Just as 2022 was -- (leave it all in the) "Rear View Mirror."

• Like 6

2 hours ago, postertrout said:

Atlas = The Cadets --> Cadets Rising from 2018

Interesting theory.  I like it.  👍 😎

• Thanks 1

What are the gold arced equipment supposed to represent?  

10 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

What are the gold arced equipment supposed to represent?  

Earth or "the weight of the world"

138421668-atlas-holding-the-world-on-his

• Like 1

I like the curved bar equipment they use, simulating the weight of the world, but I still have no idea what the props with the poles are supposed to represent or contribute, other than obstacles.... 

Edited by Super Don-O
  • Like 2

Just now, Super Don-O said:

I like the curved bar equipment they use, simulating the weight of the world, but I still have no idea what the poles stuck in the static props are supposed to be. 

They represent, very loosely, Olympic Flag poles the way you would see them in an Olympic village or near the competing venus. 

flags.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Earth or "the weight of the world"

138421668-atlas-holding-the-world-on-his

I have a tattoo on my shoulder/arm that is modified from this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Super Don-O said:

I like the curved bar equipment they use, simulating the weight of the world, but I still have no idea what the props with the poles are supposed to represent or contribute, other than obstacles.... 

Actually to my eye in person at Allentown the looked like they can represent the mountain ranges around Mt. Olympus as well as flagpoles.   They make a varied range at the start.  Later in the S formation from lower in stands it looked like a singular peak and the valleys and highs to get to it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, postertrout said:

I understand the point being made about the arc of this show, but IMO, The Cadets rose in 2018, not from 2018. The kids that marched that year had everything stacked against them. Not only did they put on a show from the heart, but when they nailed the Z-Pull and revealed the traditional uniform in the final scene, it brought down the house at the DCI Eastern Classic. There were still more obstacles (most notably Covid), and there is a ways to go, but the bounce back started 5 years ago this weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3