The Cadets 2023

18 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yup. And the old Cadets saying "always look good" flew out the window with the self-serving please to any SCV members wanting a home.

Not sure how that is any different from the countless of other corps that reached out to the SCV members, but ok.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

Not sure how that is any different from the countless of other corps that reached out to the SCV members, but ok.  

Or any other corps that has extended invitations like this over the years…

• Like 2

For the record, within days of the SCV announcement, SCV communicated with and sent their rosters to each of the top 6 corps in hopes of helping those kids find a home for 2023, so it would seem to me that these corps reaching out to those orphans made sense.  I don't think Boston did only because their drum line had just been contracted that weekend and on the Monday of the SCV announcement BAC was in the process of emailing contracts out for the brass section.  Many corps have since sent out similar solicitation notices....it just seems that Cadets beat them to the punch. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 10:37 AM, craiga said:

For the record, within days of the SCV announcement, SCV communicated with and sent their rosters to each of the top 6 corps in hopes of helping those kids find a home for 2023, so it would seem to me that these corps reaching out to those orphans made sense.  I don't think Boston did only because their drum line had just been contracted that weekend and on the Monday of the SCV announcement BAC was in the process of emailing contracts out for the brass section.  Many corps have since sent out similar solicitation notices....it just seems that Cadets beat them to the punch. 

Which, in this case, it seems they shouldn't have because as usual, Cadets, in the eyes of many, can never do anything right. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, craiga said:

I heard the Cadets winter camps are in New Jersey, and not transitioning to Erie until outdoor rehearsals in April.

Perhaps they should hold winter/audition camps in Texas, just like many other Corps seem to do?  DFW & Houston airports are hubs (as is Newark to be fair (also Philadelphia but I hate that airport and will NEVER fly to or through again)). thus relatively cheap to fly into.  Not sure if Pittsburgh or Cleveland are hubs, but if so are somewhat close to Erie.  

4 hours ago, craiga said:

I heard the Cadets winter camps are in New Jersey, and not transitioning to Erie until outdoor rehearsals in April.

My understanding is the Cadets/Erie discussions are not complete. So possible winter camps in Erie 2024. IMO lake communities get clobbered over the winter but same with other places. It’s a crap shoot anywhere north with snow