Controversial shows

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that what they currently do right now, at regionals drawing groups of three? 

Yes, but we know the scores going into the drawing.  In 88 it was 'these are the finalists, and the 4 groups of 3'.  No one knew how close Madison, SCV, & BD were.  In addition, Madison had done a European tour that summer, & no one really knew how they would fit into the mix when they got back.  

• Like 1

Garfield started forming a Peace Sign in 1970 and continued for a number of years. We did all 3 of my years.

70 to “White Rabbit” with Ironlips great brass ending to the John Sasso chart.

71 to “Battle Hymn” as part of our America, the Brave show.

72 to a couple of tunes. Formed it to “A Mighty Fortress is our God” and moved it to Mahler’s 3rd as part of our No More War show.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

93 Star....fans vs. judges. far more loved today than then.

BD any show 08-13 judges vs. fans. 

You nailed it right there Jeff. 

I'm obviously I'm Cavies fan (I know, it's shocking) and I was so dang upset that Cavies placed 3rd in 2008. I was totally fine with Regiment winning (obviously, that show is incredible) but I was dang ticked off. When my finals DVD came in I analyzed the heck out of Cavies and BD. Still till this day... I firmly believe Cavies were cheated out of 2nd. HOWEVER, BD's show grew on me. Them marching off the field and playing LOUD is freaking amazing. But Caviea 2008, to me, had a more complete package. That's even putting my biased off to the side. 

Oh gosh... remember 2010? Goodness, the BD hate was obvious that season.

4 hours ago, DWW11 said:

IIRC, Crown’s show, Relentless, a while back had A LOT of fuss about the original ending, where the good guy shoots the bad guy. Entire ending was rewritten. Am I remembering this correctly?

You are.... they should have kept the original. Just my 2 cents though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Surfer Girl was in 1987; Sex Cymbals as well (although they may have been in more than one season.  IIRC it was a mechanism thought up by a few of the drummers to bring their girlfriends along for tour).  

Keep Calm and Consider this...many of those California Girls are grandmothers now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOC said:

Don't give us the impression that you haven't watched that show.

I have seen the show. Just not live 

25 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

You nailed it right there Jeff. 

I'm obviously I'm Cavies fan (I know, it's shocking) and I was so dang upset that Cavies placed 3rd in 2008. I was totally fine with Regiment winning (obviously, that show is incredible) but I was dang ticked off. When my finals DVD came in I analyzed the heck out of Cavies and BD. Still till this day... I firmly believe Cavies were cheated out of 2nd. HOWEVER, BD's show grew on me. Them marching off the field and playing LOUD is freaking amazing. But Caviea 2008, to me, had a more complete package. That's even putting my biased off to the side. 

Oh gosh... remember 2010? Goodness, the BD hate was obvious that season.

I think 2011 was when the BD hate peaked, particularly after Atlanta that year. 

In 2011, BD by their standards came out of the gate slow that year consistently placing 3rd-4th. Around San Antonio they started picking up steam, and by Atlanta, BD and Cadets flew past the Cavaliers who till then was nearly two-pointing the field. 

When BD won Atlanta, DCP had a meltdown. I was stationed in Japan at that time, and i was sitting back laughing my butt off. Never in my life had I seen grown adults cry, whine, and get so worked up over a show performed by a bunch of high school/college kids. Reminded me of those parents who brawl at their six-year-olds tee-ball games.

But it's funny, cause now BD 2011 gets lots of love here on DCP, something I would have never predicted 12 years ago. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If I were in charge I would run it the same way, along with judges that had been sequestered all summer and were seeing shows for the first time.

That would just about be impossible to accomplish.   

33 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I think 2011 was when the BD hate peaked, particularly after Atlanta that year. 

In 2011, BD by their standards came out of the gate slow that year consistently placing 3rd-4th. Around San Antonio they started picking up steam, and by Atlanta, BD and Cadets flew past the Cavaliers who till then was nearly two-pointing the field. 

When BD won Atlanta, DCP had a meltdown. I was stationed in Japan at that time, and i was sitting back laughing my butt off. Never in my life had I seen grown adults cry, whine, and get so worked up over a show performed by a bunch of high school/college kids. Reminded me of those parents who brawl at their six-year-olds tee-ball games.

But it's funny, cause now BD 2011 gets lots of love here on DCP, something I would have never predicted 12 years ago. 

Oh yeah, I remember that. I actually really enjoyed that show from the start.

• Like 1