Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

4 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I think we see some score adjustments tonight with the first meeting of west corps and east corps. From their last competitive outing, I think scores change as follows:

Phantom Regiment: (+), Blue Stars: (+), Carolina Crown: (+), The Cadets: (+), Bluecoats: (+), Boston Crusaders: (-), Blue Devils: (-)

Making for an interesting and entertaining night!

Nope...I think the latter will increase to what BD has been scoring and BD will break 90. I don't think BD scores went down at all last year.

I expect no changes to the shows to be revealed tonight since San Antonio performance order has been determined. However, I believe that changes are in the works for everyone and some will be revealed on Saturday because Saturday counts in regard to performance order each subsequent week including prelims. Execution will be the name of the game tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Nope...I think the latter will increase to what BD has been scoring and BD will break 90. I don't think BD scores went down at all last year.

BD will break 90.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, old drmmjr said:

Let us all hope so! While all other comps have seen pretty decent score increases this week, PR, BS and Colts comps have hardly had any movement in scores. It's been befuddling! Are they really not improving while all other corps are increasing almost a point or more each competition?

It doesn't matter what the numbers are. Of course, they are all improving. You can't compare scores from different shows.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

Phantom went from an 83.250 on 7/14 to an 83.900 on 7/17, a modest increase of .650 in 3 days.  You've got them jumping 1.2 points in a 24 hour period?  I don't see it, but what I do know is that BD is breaking 90 tonight.  

I feel like 1.2 in a 24 hour period has been done many times. 

I’ve also stated in another thread that the Phantom/Blue Stars/Colts mini tour in the Midwest has been odd from a scores perspective, IMO. Almost no movement. If it was one corps plateauing, I would say it’s the corps hitting a lull. But when every corps in that string of shows flatline in terms of score progression, my eyebrow raises a tad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCIFan91 said:

I feel like 1.2 in a 24 hour period has been done many times. 

I’ve also stated in another thread that the Phantom/Blue Stars/Colts mini tour in the Midwest has been odd from a scores perspective, IMO. Almost no movement. If it was one corps plateauing, I would say it’s the corps hitting a lull. But when every corps in that string of shows flatline in terms of score progression, my eyebrow raises a tad. 

Valid point.  Maybe the fact that the top 4 are going head to head tonight will result in a sizable bump in scores for Phantom, Cadets and Blue Stars.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Thanks. This is another thread with no date. I really think we should start making it a requirement for show threads for the date to atleast be put in the OP if it’s not in the title along with the info Karuna just posted. Thoughts, @JohnZ?

OP here I just edited title to add date

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lance said:

just to make sure i'm clear on the timing changes, phantom goes on at 8:47 central, right?

With the delayed 8:20pm start time, yes.