Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

Just now, regimentlvr said:

How will they handle the Texas tour? Gonna be a nightly occurrence 

Yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me. It’s stupid hot here in Texas.

Just now, regimentlvr said:

How will they handle the Texas tour? Gonna be a nightly occurrence 

Said it once and I'll say it again. Texas tour needs to be looked at because it's only going to get hotter every year. Groups will pull out, standstill, or no uniform runs. 

Or we can say Texas tour is the reason we have "costumes" because uniforms are too hot for 120 degrees. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

May be an image of text that says 'PHANTOM REGIMENT Phantm Regiment's performance tonight in Broken Arrow, OK has been canceled due to extreme heat and health issues impacting the drum corps. The well-being and safety of the performers are of utmost importance, and it has been determined that it is in their best interest to abstain from tonight's show.'

Health and safety of the MMs first … isn’t that the lesson of the day? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Said it once and I'll say it again. Texas tour needs to be looked at because it's only going to get hotter every year. Groups will pull out, standstill, or no uniform runs. 

Or we can say Texas tour is the reason we have "costumes" because uniforms are too hot for 120 degrees. 

Texas is way too big of a recruiting hotspot to ignore. It’s not a coincidence that the DFW Metroplex has three shows this summer.

I could see some shows moving indoors though.

Edited by crownisking

I see BD going undefeated for awhile - don't know if they will make it all the way. Boston 2nd, with Crown and Bloo 3rd and 4th. I see less than 1.5 from 1st - 4th. Cadets 5th, and who knows what after that.

41 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Idk who needs to hear this but F*** central time and F*** the south causing heat delays. I've got work in the morning. 

Cmon gramps take your meds 🤪

• Haha 3

Just now, oldsnare said:

I see BD going undefeated for awhile - don't know if they will make it all the way. Boston 2nd, with Crown and Bloo 3rd and 4th. I see less than 1.5 from 1st - 4th. Cadets 5th, and who knows what after that.

Nope

Just now, Sutasaurus said:

Nope

that's why we're all up watching this show.