Houston show that's actually Tomball

8 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I remember a time when Bostons guard carried their score and people on here acted like it was the next coming of Christ. Now Cavies percussion is excelling and it’s a joke to the corps. The biases on this board are so blatant. And look Cavies are only down 1.6 to the new darling Mandarins. There’s still 3 weeks left. But that’s right, I’ve read some think they don’t even make finals.

Perc staff was the only caption staff left after 2022. Brand new brass staff, etc. Let’s see how the year runs out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

BAC guard wasn’t carrying them that much! It was never as insane as tonight’s percussion score. 

While both guard an percussion score may matter in these earlier shows. GE will determine final placement. I completely agree cavies percussion will beat mandarins, but they have no chance of passing them as a full corps. Not cadets or phantom. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, crumdorpslove said:

While both guard an percussion score may matter in these earlier shows. GE will determine final placement. I completely agree cavies percussion will beat mandarins, but they have no chance of passing them as a full corps. Not cadets or phantom. 

I’m not saying they’re going to pass Mandarins but the comments that this show is a let down to it’s members is kind of gross.

• Like 1

Not a judge here, but I'm not sure why Cavies are ahead of Blue Stars or Colts.  Their shows have better designs and performance levels than Cavies who don't seem to be cleaning the show very well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Can someone please tell me how Blue Devils’ GE score is so far ahead of Bluecoats and Crown?  

i‘m not taking anything away from BD. But I really don’t see how BD is almost a whole point better in GE. Is it real or perceived?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Cavies could beet mandarins, cadets, and phantom and the rest in percussion and still lose to colts, Blue stars and trooper (not in that order) because they are offering g so much more in other captions. Especially GE. In my opinion cavies worked much better last year. And I’m a cavies fan! I won’t nothing more than them to do well. But you can’t deny they are struggling I. Everything but percussion. And there is more than enough time for other to gabe on them and pass thin in that area. I predict they end up 4-6 in percussion, and 8-10 in final placement. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I’m not saying they’re going to pass Mandarins but the comments that this show is a let down to it’s members is kind of gross.

In what way is it gross? It’s not an attack on the members at all. If anything, it’s a show of empathy 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluesman said:

Visually Crown is cleaner right now than they were at finals last year.  This is a good show, but I wish the design team challenged the members more.  They've obviously got the talent for it.

Evidently the judges agree. Three out of eight scored achievement higher than content.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Don't let it get you down. They are doing a lot of wonderful things this year. I'm proud of them!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1