Bluecoats, BD, and SA (TW: Sexual Assault)

Just now, GraysonHarris said:

Someone on Instagram full on doxxed him. Home address, personal email address, phone number, Insta accounts of his family. Everything.  

Really sad.  Truly. 

And whomever did that should be charged and prosecuted for harassment 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

Someone on Instagram full on doxxed him. Home address, personal email address, phone number, Insta accounts of his family. Everything.  

Really sad.  Truly. 

An example of the other side of the coin of the "brigade" that @Jeff Ream mentioned. Really sad. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Let me fix that for you,

"It's also putting an awful lot of responsibility on a accuser."

The burden is ALWAYS on the one that accuses.  It has to be that way.  You have already judged the people involved as a victim and guilty.

Yup. You prove guilt, not innocence.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

Really sad.  Truly. 

such a terrible thing to ever even consider doing. no matter the person, or the situation, a full doxx is never the way to go, for either side of this situation. on one hand, the accused may now be in real life danger, and may be harassed and bullied ruthlessly, meanwhile supporters of the accuser will seem like radical lunatics to anyone feeling neutral on this. such a sad and unnecessary escalation to this. sending good vibes to all and hoping that both people involved here are feeling safe and secure right now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

Really sad.  Truly. 

Pitchfork patrol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

such a terrible thing to ever even consider doing. no matter the person, or the situation, a full doxx is never the way to go, for either side of this situation. on one hand, the accused may now be in real life danger, and may be harassed and bullied ruthlessly, meanwhile supporters of the accuser will seem like radical lunatics to anyone feeling neutral on this. such a sad and unnecessary escalation to this. sending good vibes to all and hoping that both people involved here are feeling safe and secure right now.

Judging by the "mob mentality" that is social media, the guy is in for a real doozy of a time. It really is unfortunate. Just sad for all parties involved. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Edit to add: Don't be confused, you goofs. @jwillis35 said "my response is what are these corps teaching them?" Indicating, as far as I understand it, that he believes that corps have some responsibility to guide young minds' understanding of consent (as SoA does), reporting channels, as well as the rights and responsibilities to each other. 

You are correct. And by the way I really really appreciate your stance on these matters. I know we disagree about how they need to be handled. I think we are all on the same side. Some of us are coming to this from a legal perspective and other want to make sure the victim/survivor has support and that they are not victimized or treated unfairly. Those are all good things. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I stopped reading this thread many pages ago (PTSD) but feel i need to say something.  I never marched drum corps, just band.  At a tender age i was raped on a date and had to march in a big parade the next day.  “Sexual assault” always sounds too “pretty” to me, and doesn’t capture the brutal physical and mental aspect of this crime, even when actual violence is minimal.  My point is, rape IS a crime!  IF it is reported, it becomes a criminal investigation and any corps responsibility should become secondary to an official investigation.  However, If it is NOT reported, which seems to be the case here, for whatever reason, then technically there is no crime, and I don’t see how you punish someone who hasn’t been investigated or charged with a crime?

yes, we should believe victims. And we should support those who come forward.  But that doesn’t mean we don’t investigate.  Memories DO change, feelings evolve.  What we recall vividly today may be quite different from what we experienced at the time, especially after trauma.  If nothing else, THIS victim believes this accused person deserves to remain until the law says otherwise.

i feel for the victim.  I really do.  I’ve had to live with my decision for almost 50 years.  But we just don’t know where the truth is here.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1