Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Least favorite group up next. Can't believe they get an hour. Cancel INT!

Oh hey, I can make some dinner.  

Surprised that the scoring is so close between BK and PC, tbh. Maybe it’s a matter of difficulty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Least favorite group up next. Can't believe they get an hour. Cancel INT!

I think they are going to do some SoundSport.

3 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Colts are in the 11th spot right now

They should be safe and maybe move up.  I'm not sure BK can jump PC, but it will be close.

• Like 1

This group from Thailand performed at our TBA conference the other day. They moved me to tears. Such an INCREDIBLE group. 

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1

Good run for PC.  Still a ways to go to max out this show.   Still a few tricks up their sleeves.

• Like 1

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

That lady contra in PC counts as a goddess in my book! 🫶🏽

Speaking of which, as someone who focuses part of his work on equity and representation (including non-profit volunteering on the matter), seeing no less than THREE female center snares in World Class corps this year is wonderful. People on this board have said things like "why does it matter" when stuff like that has been pointed out in the past, but representation always matters and that's a terrific stat in what has historically been a male dominated section of drum corps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am very happy to see Pacific Crest doing so well. The show is enjoyable and some very fine staging. Visually the show is close to being a solid top 12 contender. Musically it's not quite there. Brass is certainly strong and I enjoyed their performance but they do not have the same depth the Colts have. The Colts percussion and brass really kind of sets them apart from PC. But I have to admit I may like the visual color scheme better with PC. Both are outstanding shows. But I give the edge to Colts for now. 

• Like 1

today is not a good day for my internet to have issues. i hope i can get it working soon, missed too many shows already.