Corps in the Heat at Mesquite (TX) - July 24, 2023

30 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Everyone had today off too? 

The rehearsal before a show,  is not very heavy duty.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Next show needs to be titled mood swings 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Adventures in Thorazine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I'm sorry, but these scores need to be taken with an entire container of salt. You just can't have stuff so WILDLY different from a show that had a double GE and double MA panels.

Crossmen gain 2.35 points on PC with no rehearsal?
Crown gains a point over Boston in one show?

This is an anomaly show and should be treated as such.

Last year most corps saw a one to two point jump in score the show after San Antonio. No one should be surprised. 

23 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Interesting to read frustrations such as - corps x gained a whole point on corps y in one day, or corps x didn’t lose a single caption to corps y yesterday but today lost a bunch….

I LOVE the - on any given day, call it like you see it - approach. LOVE it. I wish placements would change more. Otherwise, the most important contest of the season is the first one. After that they’re slotted and nothing can change?  NO WAY!!!  Bring on the chaos!!

That’s all fine and good, but it would be appreciated if the chaos would favor my son’s group a bit more! Kthxbai!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Interesting to read frustrations such as - corps x gained a whole point on corps y in one day, or corps x didn’t lose a single caption to corps y yesterday but today lost a bunch….

I LOVE the - on any given day, call it like you see it - approach. LOVE it. I wish placements would change more. Otherwise, the most important contest of the season is the first one. After that they’re slotted and nothing can change?  NO WAY!!!  Bring on the chaos!!

Here’s hoping for continued chaos, call-it-like-you-see-it scoring. Makes it WAY more fun as a competitive component. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 6