MURFREESBORO MASHUP JULY 28

I’m in New Orleans this weekend and discovered a bar near my hotel with absinthe and jazz. Maybe I’ll finally try it for the first time … I cannot say a drum corps has ever inspired me to drink before. This is the new frontier of the activity. May every other corps follow in Blue Stars’ footsteps. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Longer

How about non existent?

• Confused 1

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m in New Orleans this weekend and discovered a bar near my hotel with absinthe and jazz. Maybe I’ll finally try it for the first time … I cannot say a drum corps has ever inspired me to drink before. This is the new frontier of the activity. May every other corps follow in Blue Stars’ footsteps. 

Oh theres been shows that have made me want to drink....

• Haha 4

Wow.... so much energy in the 2nd half of Blue Stars show.  I'm connecting more with their music this season than I have over the past few years.  Well Done!

• Like 2

Let’s go Cadets!!! Excited to see the new changes that are supposed to be debuting tonight! I am hopeful they have listened and expect impact drill, taking up the field more and better transitions. I feel they have something very nice saved in their bag. 

• Like 2

Blue Stars
- Brass seem much cleaner and more polished now
- Nice job Baritones on the ensemble feature
- visual program looks so much better when they march the smaller intervals. Seems when they open up the patterns lose some focus
- Baritone soloist in the ballad is incredibly good. Just so gorgeous. Love how the trumpets play backfield here underneath the solo. Great effect. 
- Mello writing is also wonderful, trumpets not yet pushing that theme forward. The range is tough tonight it felt one or two of them were trying to carry the melody and did not have the control. Again I am sure heat is an issue. 
- Not sure I prefer the prop setup after the ballad
- still plenty to clean with the visual program. Closing drill is the most effective visual part of the show...and yes that is how you want to end this production, but they have some visual work to do in earlier sections of the show. 
- thought the guard was great
- musically I enjoy them but only the ballad really stands out. With the other musical moments of the show I get a lot of segmented stuff and perhaps not enough builds and developing lines. 
- still, this is a fabulous corps and some cleaning should have the crowd loving this show come Finals. 

• Like 7