Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

33 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Sure but it's the story of the white whale. If Boston is going to capture it- it will be finals night.

...maybe I fell asleep reading Moby dick...

yeah we def don’t want BAC following the book quite to the letter …

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Happy for Troop. They’ll be moving up. 

Don’t forget about the corps from Iowa! I don’t think they will concede anything. This is great for both Corps!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

I still limp and have to wear an eye-patch! :pirate:

Boston could use you.

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

I mean...easy to do...zzz

No book with so many pages devoted to whale sperm can be boring i’m sorry 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Boston/Bloo/Crown remind me of the Pac-12 in college football. 

Outstanding football teams that are so evenly matched, they cannibalize each other thru out the season, end up with 2-3 losses, and they all miss the college football playoff. 

Meanwhile the SEC/BIG TEN each have that one team that separates itself from the pack, and they are in the playoff. 

That's a good point. They had a shot last year with USC. I mean, I love my Buckeyes but after we lost to UM we were not going to get in the CFP...that is until USC decided to get smashed by Utah and TCU got slammed by Kansas State. I was glad we played a great Georgia team as well as we did because the other two games in the playoff were not so good. 

Back to the top 4 in DCI, I do not think it's quite over yet. It just depends on how Blue Devils perform. Last night they were OK and Boston was really close. Tonight Blue Devils put on a clinic. I think most people on DCP sensed it early in the show. When you are that strong in every caption it just exposes those few weak areas of the other shows. The other 3 corps are really really really good. But each of them have little areas that if not performed well will allow the other 2 corps in that group to push them down. And that is all that is needed for BD to create some spread. 

But tonight Blue Devils just absolutely put on a clinic! 

• Like 3

forgot to mention but i love the changes bloo made tonight, super musically and visually stunning. lots of moments in brass where brought out especially during bump and i loved it, and the restraint in the ballad was just beautiful. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ShortyRock said:

With penalties being so rare, anyone know what caused the Bluecoats to get one?

If I had to bet on it, I'd say it was a time issue. Their show is nearly 14 minutes and they only get 17 minutes for setup, performance and exit. 

2 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

forgot to mention but i love the changes bloo made tonight, super musically and visually stunning. lots of moments in brass where brought out especially during bump and i loved it, and the restraint in the ballad was just beautiful. 

Thanks for talking about something other than BuT tHe NaRrAtIoN. 

• Like 3