Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

2 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

So...let's say that tomorrow night Crown or BAC or both pop a 96. 

Is BD still undefeated? 

Hey … we need to argue about something until Indy … this would be too perfect!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It's a necessary evil to manage time, especially for the butt sore spectators who would have to sit in those awful bleachers for hours on end.

If I recall correctly it will be the exact same judging panel both nights.  They'll know who's better than who. 

I will agree with this

As good as Crum is the fan experiences is tight seating, uncomfortable benches, narrow corridors, and hills hills hills. The issue is there isn't a venue in the area that can do this show without going into a major city.

• Like 1

Saturday will be very interesting for this panel. Spreads between 1 and 2 tonight were pretty tight across the board. Not a lot of room to fit in 1 or 2 corps. Maybe BAC and Crown will just make it easy and either outscore or underscore tonight’s top 2 in every caption. Once again - DCI judge is way above my pay grade, though I secretly harbor a wish to be the timer.

Let’s make a deal. 

Winning the highest score of Allentown, even on night 2, would mean that BD is not undefeated. 

BUT. 

BD winning 2023 championships is a three-peat, pandemic be darned* (yall are really hitting me with the #s over a word that’s in the Bible come on now 😭)

Can we, the UN, agree to this? 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The Rule at DCI east is that It doesn't rain unless Jeff Ream says it can rain.  👍 😎

Except 18. God over ruled me

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Crossed said:

You are riding this “told you so” wave realllllly hard. I *really* hope that nothing changes this last week to ruin your high lmao.

Eh… I’ve been watching drum corps since 1978. Anything can happen even in the last week. But I don’t apologize for seeing and hearing what I see and hear. 

17 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Troopers almost a full point over Blue Stars!

One of the oddest stories of this year is the Blue Stars.  So much talent, so much hype. The show isn’t bad but all of the pieces are not coming together. 

Is there enough gas in the tank to turn it up these last few days?    

it’s so bizarre.   

They haven’t seemed to make noticeable changes/improvements to the design as the season has progressed. Seems largely as premiered. Taking 75% of the show to complete the costume change has likely not helped. It really dilutes the impact.

I like the program more than what they did last year, but to succeed these days  you really have to have a growth plan so the product doesn’t feel stale by the end of the season.

The brass and drill are really nice,though.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Let’s make a deal. 

Winning the highest score of Allentown, even on night 2, would mean that BD is not undefeated. 

BUT. 

BD winning 2023 championships is a three-peat, pandemic be darned* (yall are really hitting me with the #s over a word that’s in the Bible come on now 😭)

Can we, the UN, agree to this? 

If they come in second next Saturday that is not a three-peat, pandemic or not.  

13 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

I will agree with this

As good as Crum is the fan experiences is tight seating, uncomfortable benches, narrow corridors, and hills hills hills. The issue is there isn't a venue in the area that can do this show without going into a major city.

Rutgers is a perfect solution