DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

This is our first even Indy in person.  We've talked about going forever but now I get to go and cheer on my child in Lucas Oil!   It's going to be incredible!

Yes, it absolutely will! Best of luck!

50 minutes ago, spacewill said:

This is our first ever Indy in person.  We've talked about going forever but now I get to go and cheer on my child in Lucas Oil!   It's going to be incredible!

Same here! First ever finals, and seeing my kid perform as well. 

Super excited!

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, scooter133 said:

I've never watched on Flo before - do you get the same commentary/interviews, etc. that the theaters get during prelims? Is there any commentary at all?

I don't think Flo carries any of the commentary and interviews that you get in the theater.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dmiggles said:

Does the Flo stream continue when the theater starts?

That's a good question.  I don't find it easy to figure out what Flo is broadcasting and when.

I'd like to know if Flo is broadcasting semis.  I think they are but it's hard to tell from the website.  Does anybody know?

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

That's a good question.  I don't find it easy to figure out what Flo is broadcasting and when.

I'd like to know if Flo is broadcasting semis.  I think they are but it's hard to tell from the website.  Does anybody know?

I would be very shocked if they did not. But you're right, the website is very unclear 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

They are broadcasting Prelims, Semis and Finals. The Flo website is terribly unclear because on their main schedule, they just list "DCI World Championship" on August 10, and then the following days it just has the Replay and Soundsport. But if you click on the actual event you'll see that it says "August 10-12, 2023." Further, the DCI website schedule clearly has the "Watch Live" banner across all the DCI Championship events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Hmm do I watch this in a movie theater filled with annoying teenagers who won't get off their phones or in the comfort of my own apartment on my Apple TV with AirPod Maxes on? Tough one

My guess is that you'll go to the theater.. 🤷

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I would be very shocked if they did not. But you're right, the website is very unclear 

I think up until last year, Flo only showed Prelims up until the broadcast and then cut off. I feel like last year was special just cuz it was the year after covid and they weren't sure how many people would want to go to theaters. Now with things pretty much back to normal, who knows. 

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

The is the most I've looked forward to a prelims since last year!

I'm in the minority that still enjoys going to Indy. A few solid dining options, walkable downtown, nice weather, and great venue.

My 19th finals week since 02!

This will be my 3rd year in a row after a long period of not going.  I hooked up with some fun people and it really makes a difference.  I can't say Indianapolis is an exciting vacation destination, but St. Elmo's Steakhouse, alone, makes it worth the trip.  Our group makes reservations to have dinner there right before Finals and the place has many drum corps people in attendance.  I'm already looking forward to it.

• Like 2