2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Mandarins:

Mandarins Mandarins Mandarins Mandarins

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Best arranged show of the year for me hands down and it’s not even close.  Absolutely seamless.  

Energy is INSANE!!!

Yes, easily the best designed show. Every act is cannot miss. The payoff is worth the ride…literally. I don’t know how they are doing it but Mandarins may be the next first-time-gold winner corps.

• Like 6

Oh, my.  Mandarins giving me the vapors.  I'm going to have to go to church after seeing this.  Mandarins performing an incredible show and giving it everything they got.  Top 3 of the year for me.

Edited by bluesman
grammar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mandarins by far have my favorite show of the year. My baby won't be here for another 2 months, but they could still have her.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Depends on what you’re into

oh-my-george-takei.gif

• Like 1

Mandarins
MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS: Lots of quick jumps right away, guard. Still, there must be softness in the plies of your takeoffs and landing, otherwise you’re jarring your bodies unnecessarily. I’ve seen stronger rifles catches OOOOH wait, no that next one was spot on thank you! Dang another great one EXCELLENT!  Eep point those front feet in your ensemble splits! YES knee drop rifle solo dude! Great job! Ensemble, point those gesture feet in turning freebody! (Those two solo rifle toss one after the other, caught myself saying catch it #####! So TY!)

C.: This gold/yellow color has been tough on me all season, but I understand why it’s there. Real early 20th century stage performer energy. That said. The variety means they get to tailor to different body types, which is always my favorite. Very fitting of the theme so kudos!

PQ: Unbeatable performance quality… best so far Mandies, great job right out the gate! YES STILL VERY STRONG HALFWAY THROUGH OPENER… this why why you’re scoring high friends. Exceelnt!! Yes, no pitchy-ness in that rifle ensemble toss. TY TY! Guard has a different quality than the corps, which si nice. Really reinforces the stage performer/reminiscent of Nina Simone that’s present I the costumes. Loves this!

You know I love you Sinnermen! So much energy. This is the one more than all others I wish I got to see live! CONGRATS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1