Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

58 minutes ago, TOC said:

Nothing about possible probation/penalties from DCI.  Did not follow problems other corps have had, but didn't some corps receive probation, etc.?  If they do receive something, this might change the minds of some who would be auditioning.  Not trying to start an earthquake, just curious. 

probation? there's not one bit of info about fixed finances.  

wonder if any auditionees got their refunds?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zeke said:

2017 Peter Weber did the drill with Gaines on board the following  season?

Gaines came on in 2017 but didn't write the drill until the next year

the antecedents of SCV's shut down aren't the same as other corps'

looking forward to hearing more relevant details about the extent of oversite from dci because the comparisons to other corps that went through trouble recently will be impossible to avoid.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So do they get the same treatment as spirit and Cascades having no performance last year 🤔 I bet that doesn't happen 

Spirit shut themselves down due to member safety issues not financial/legal issues. So IMO they did the proper thing.

2 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I've still yet to see them issue 1. Any word saying that they are returning for a tour, saying "we're back" doesn't mean diddly in my opinion; 2. Any issued apology to the auditionees from the Fall of 2022 for accepting their monies for auditions and going inactive for 2023 in the same week. In all honesty, there's a lot of trust issues and they need to work on those with potential members, and rightfully so.

I think you are wrong.  You don't post a complete 2024 World Class staff and then not come out and compete.......they did this last year they ran a camp and then announced going inactive right after that camp.....any such blunder again this year would be a "death blow" to the drum corps,  and I don't think they would announce unless this year they were certain they were happening.  Agreed the trust issue from those that auditioned last year is something they have to work out.....also, the same with staff.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.Holland said:

spirit, troopers, cadets, xmen, cascades...   yup. DCI surely has looked at every line of every itemized number, while in the middle of finding a new ED of their own.  yeah. totally got this covered.

Maybe Gail Royer is still whispering in DCI's ear.