5. Phantom Regiment

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Mandarins

8. Colts

9. The Cavaliers

10. Santa Clara Vanguard/Blue Stars

11. Blue Stars/Troopers

12. Troopers/Blue Knights

Blue Devils go undefeated for a 3rd straight year. 

The Cadets trail Bluecoats all season and "repay" them for 2014 on Finals night. 

Mandarins get a win over Boston at some point during the season before falling back behind them.

Blue Stars try another very difficult show again and place 13th for at least one regional before cleaning it up to end in the bottom 1/4th of Finals. Despite this, I once again find myself in the minority of loving their show. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2023 at 11:57 AM, boxingfred said:
  1. Blue Devil- Finally get a legit 3-pete?

Well, I’m not sure who Pete is but they already have a “legit” 3-peat. No reason they won’t make it four in ‘24. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Blue Stars try another very difficult show again and place 13th for at least one regional before cleaning it up to end in the bottom 1/4th of Finals. 

I hope I'm proved wrong and history doesn't repeat itself; but the last time the Blue Stars placed 11th they ended up in 13th the following year. For a corps that's solid financially and is doing all the right things; there just isn't any major hype with them. They have become a place holder corps in the Top 12. I know a lot of corps would love to trade places with them; however, it seems like whenever they are on the cusp of moving up the ranks, they stumble backwards. There are a lot of corps that placed ahead of them, in '23, that are riding the hype train and are going to be destination corps. That fall from 7th to 11th isn't going to look too promising to a potential, talent filled, recruit. I think they will end up placing 11th, again, tops or, 13th, at the lowest. 

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:09 AM, Jeff Ream said:

the top 12 scoring corps from semi finals

still sticking with it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TOC said:

Only fail recently (?) was the Crusaders in 13th on Friday and 12th on Saturday in 2016.

Don’t pick on Jeff. He is very proud of himself for confusing a definition for a prediction every single season.  :biggrin:  ( I sort of miss seeing him run around the field trying avoid a collision for an entire show!!!!.   He knows I love him)

Edited by karuna

51 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Follow-on question is ‘How many ‘peats’ will BD be able to string together?’   
3?  4?  17?  

That's a tough question to answer without getting flamed lol. BD learned to play the game earlier and quite frankly, better, than anyone else. They design to the sheets both visually and musically. For quite a while everyone else was playing catchup with that concept it seemed and swimming against the current. That's now changed. The top 6 are evening out. Bloo, BD, BC, Crown....They're all designing to maximize the sheets. Corps like Cadets, Mandi's and PR are learning REALLY fast now that they've decided to challenge their own norms. 

I still feel like BD has an advantage for a few years to come and the reason I do is because of how consistently they clean and peak in the final few weeks. They leave enough room that even if a caption is weaker, the others are immaculate by finals (look at drums this year.) They train to win and they train to peak at the right time. They also have perhaps the most consistent level of talent from year to year. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 3