Cadets Suspend for 2024

8 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I left because my home had appreciated enough that I could pay off other debts, so I sold it and did that.

California is great. Crime is comparable to anywhere else. Taxes are high, but benefits and weather are huge draws.

It's a great state.

Other than wildfires, mudslides and earthquakes.  

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:18 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

No name; short discussion of rumor that Bloo is potentially doing a limited tour.  Not sure if that is same rumor as suspension rumor.  

Can confirm that this is not true. The person who started that rumor on the DCILeaks subreddit was a recent member of BK. Not going to name the person out of respect. No truth to it. Full stop. 

Edited by RContra
  • Like 1

If there wasn't a title on this thread, nobody would know what it was/is about.  Talk about going off on a tangent.....or 10.  😃

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, LabMaster said:

Other than wildfires, mudslides and earthquakes.  

Canada has wildfires. The Northeast has wildfires, floods, and snow out the wazoo. Also threats of tsunamis really. Did I mention that the weather suuuuucks in the NE?

Every coast has mudslides. Don't build near the coast and you're fine.

Even Missouri has earthquakes from time to time. Really not any bigger deal than hurricanes and tornados, and I've lived in 12 states, so I happen to have perspective. Plus, California has building codes for earthquakes, but to be fair the codes aren't the best for cold hardyness. 

Really not a reason not to live there.

Edited by jjeffeory
Addon information

On 10/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, Mello Dude said:

No, not entirely, but the quest for ever more crap to compete is not driving costs down.  Scaling back is nothing new other than common sense is a superpower anymore.  There is NO reason that corps should be required to have another semi truck of stuff to be viable to win or compete.  People keep quoting that SOA paper but it doesn't say what you think is says.  Props=fuel+truck+driver+time.  People that can use a few brain cells can see this.

Tell me in the rule book where another semi truck is required? Did Madison or Crossmen need an extra truck last season? I dont think so. If that extra truck is what is preventing a corps from going on tour, do you not think that the cost is assessed? Corps budgets are not made by designers. 

27 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Canada has wildfires. The Northeast has wildfires, floods, and snow out the wazoo. Also threats of tsunamis really. Did I mention that the weather suuuuucks in the NE?

Every coast has mudslides. Don't build near the coast and you're fine.

Even Missouri has earthquakes from time to time. Really not any bigger deal than hurricanes and tornados, and I've lived in 12 states, so I happen to have perspective. Plus, California has building codes for earthquakes, but to be fair the codes aren't the best for cold hardyness. 

Really not a reason not to live there.

Having lived in tornado land and now, hurricaneland, a direct hit in hurricaneland is terrible.  I lived in tornadoland for 63 years and I never took a direct hit. Lost a few shingles a few times.  Lived here a year and three months and boom.  Direct hit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Having lived in tornado land and now, hurricaneland, a direct hit in hurricaneland is terrible.  I lived in tornadoland for 63 years and I never took a direct hit. Lost a few shingles a few times.  Lived here a year and three months and boom.  Direct hit. 

Tornadoes are a finger of God coming down to draw on the earth.  Hurricanes are the whole #### arm rolling through like a drunken uncle at your 4th of July cookout.  

• Haha 3