DCI Januals 2024

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

You can attend, but you wouldn't be able to get into any room where business is being discussed.  Probably can't crash the NFL Owners' Meetings either. 😎

You have to preregister and pay a $249 fee. You have state your interest in the activity in order to get a badge.  Thursday World Class business meetings are the most important. DCI staff and corps dedicated representatives sit in a square table arrangement. Corps Directors / Corps Managers and others sit in rows behind them. Only dedicated representatives can speak or ask questions. If something is said that is unclear or confusing those in back are rapidly texting their representatives to ask for a clarification.

Open Class/SoundSport is Friday night and the same arrangement.  At Open Class/SoundSport meeting it is almost the same as the World Class except for the financial information.   I have attended the Open Class/Sound Sport Meeting several times. Open Class Meeting presenter asked for questions from those sitting in audience every year.

All sessions are open to everyone with a badge.  A wealth of information can be gained by attending the Januals. 

9 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Does anyone remember what the month was when DCI moved finals to Bloomington in 2008?

April.  and then i think in June there was panic due to an issue with the stadium in the end zone

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

First, I think finals at Gillette if LOS is unavailable is more of a wish for those of us from Boston than a reality, but for the WC corps, the trip from Allentown to Boston is approximately 300 miles, Allentown to Indy is approximately 650 miles. Since most kids fly home, that would save on bus transportation. You would also have the advantage of two airports, Logan in Boston and T.F. Green in Warwick (located here the old Rocky Point where you could have a holiday 🙂). Getting the fleets back could cost more. It could be more expensive for fans. Though there are some hotels in the area, for most Gillette would mean pricier hotels not located near the stadium which would mean renting a car. 

There’s train service for football and soccer.  Could be for this.  Lots of local hotels and a Cape vacation too!

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

as we saw in 2008 Lucas Oil wasn't ready in time. and ticket sales currently surpass what they were in 2008...not sure Bloomington could handle it

Memorial stadium Bloomington 52,000

Paycor Cincinnati 65,000

Memorial Stadium UIUC 60,000 

No way Nippert would work 38,000 

Ross Ade Purdue 61,000 

Edited by Terri Schehr

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

April.  and then i think in June there was panic due to an issue with the stadium in the end zone

Problem this time is construction doesn’t start until late June / early July.  And it may not become apparent that it won’t be done in time with only a week or two before finals week.  

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

There’s train service for football and soccer.  Could be for this.  Lots of local hotels and a Cape vacation too!

Unless it's changed, train service for the sport ball teams was paid for by the sport ball teams to MBTA.  I doubt DCI has the cash for that

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ll bet @rpbobcat can answer that question. 

Both he and Jim work on stadium projects in different fields of engineering.  

My nephew is the Dir. of Facilities at Gillette and has been involved with their major changes recently.  Did Jim make it to Foxborough too?

10 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I'd just like to point out that the Boston area had 17 straight weekends of rain last spring/summer. ...

Some DCI fans still complain about the elevator dinging and the parking cost in 2005.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Memorial stadium Bloomington 52,000

Paycor Cincinnati 65,000

Memorial Stadium UIUC 60,000 

No way Nippert would work 38,000 

Ross Ade Purdue 61,000 

52,000 is the whle way around. whats concert side?