DCI Januals 2024

My very limited understanding is that discussions mostly dealt with All Age and Soundsport

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

My very limited understanding is that discussions mostly dealt with All Age and Soundsport

Curious what Soundsport stuff was discussed.  Seems to me to be the logical way to grow new units into the activity. 

I wonder a bit how the all-age will work.  Will there be prelims and finals (or won’t enough units make the trek to make that worthwhile)?  Will they be clearing out the crowd between all-age and world class finals?   I am guessing that there will be some fans that just want to see all-age & don’t want to pay for world-class tickets.   As usual, the devil is in the details. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Good to see that DCI has their priorities in line. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/3/2024 at 7:47 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Two words

Baby Powder

UGH! I just had flashbacks to pep band about 6 years ago.  

I've been mad before.... but.........

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Curious what Soundsport stuff was discussed.  Seems to me to be the logical way to grow new units into the activity. 

I wonder a bit how the all-age will work.  Will there be prelims and finals (or won’t enough units make the trek to make that worthwhile)?  Will they be clearing out the crowd between all-age and world class finals?   I am guessing that there will be some fans that just want to see all-age & don’t want to pay for world-class tickets.   As usual, the devil is in the details. 

As I understand it, there will be one show.  We purchased tickets and there was no option to purchase for a preliminary show.  The tickets say “All-Age Championship”. 10:30am August 10. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

As I understand it, there will be one show.  We purchased tickets and there was no option to purchase for a preliminary show.  The tickets say “All-Age Championship”. 10:30am August 10. 

10:30am for championships 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought that one ticket was admission for both the morning and afternoon shows, but I could be wrong. It will still be conflicting with SoundSport and DrumLine Battle. I think it will be too much for one weekend, but I could be wrong.

49 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I thought that one ticket was admission for both the morning and afternoon shows, but I could be wrong. It will still be conflicting with SoundSport and DrumLine Battle. I think it will be too much for one weekend, but I could be wrong.

I didn’t know there was an afternoon show.  It’s going to be tight if there is.  The tickets just say championship on them. At 10:30am. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t know there was an afternoon show.  It’s going to be tight if there is.  The tickets just say championship on them. At 10:30am. 

There is not enough time to run the all-age corps twice prior to 'the' finals, which advertise a 5:30 start time.  All-age has to be a single round.

• Like 3