questionably high amount of openings

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

My understanding is that if you follow the link & fill out questionnaire (Inc email address) it will tell you which Corps have openings for what you play or spin.  

So, you need to give personal info to a 3rd party to get the information?  Hard pass.

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Even now, most of the current drum corps members don't go to spring break in Florida....too busy working toward the summer, and WGI obligations for many. Today's drum corps kids are really not typical Generation Zers imo.

Some college students go to beaches and ski vacations and others go to DCI auditions, corps camps, corps ST, and a DCI season, and again for some, on someone else's dime.

I think this is a good service. It helps interested potential marchers to see what op3enings exist for those corps participating in it and looking for marchers. By filling in some basic , non intrusive info ( they're not asking for SSN, bank account #, etc ) the site can direct you to corps... even geographically.... that has openings you might be interested in. For many potential marchers, this is their first exposure to the activity and many don't know who, what, & where. The service is free and has only been available for a couple of years now. I think it provides a good service.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

So, you need to give personal info to a 3rd party to get the information?  Hard pass.

My impression is that if you are, for example, a low brass player then your info will be sent to Corps looking for low brass.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Les Stentors came out to SoCal in 2022. I think the kids got to visit Disneyland, Six Flags, and other LA tourist attractions. Plus on the field, they are super talented! I know it cost them a pretty penny to travel out here, but I hope they can do it again in the near future. West Coast crowds showed them so much love. I am sure the kids had the time of their lives too.

You have to admire those kids and the organization. They get the Perserverance Award. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

You have to admire those kids and the organization. They get the Perserverance Award. 

They deserved and earned every bit of that award. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Although I haven’t gone to the link to know for certain, and I’m guessing you hadn’t yet looked at it either, I would hazard to guess the info they want is is b limited to the section you are interested in and maybe your age and geo location.  No one would be asking for sensitive personal information for someone trying to learn what spots are open. Seeing what is still open and seeing a link for audition info, you’ll get a good idea of needs and opportunity.

30 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If push comes to shove, and they really overlook the age rule, I'm available.

That word 'really' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this sentence.  

Maybe forging the birth certificate in one digit could fool a few but not changing all four digits...

🤣

• Haha 6