DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sucked.

And people who tell me what I am and am not entitled to are entitled to my fut in their arse.

It's my drum corps as much as yours.

And that broadcast sucked.

I think it's ironic that Bill Speakman is criticising DCI for offering a product that is of poor quality.

Huh? How is that "ironic".

Still sucked.

And people who tell me what I am and am not entitled to are entitled to my fut in their arse.

It's my  drum corps as much as yours.

And that broadcast sucked.

You are so lucky you marched in one of my favorite shows/corps of all time....an absolute pardon b**bs :P b**bs

Not saying it did or didnt suck, just offering my POV, and your is just as valid and "right" as anyone elses.

~G~

Great feature with the IU sports medicine prof...same guy from 1993 Star!!

Actually, he is a professor at Indiana State University. ISU, not IU.

Anyhow, my overall rating is a "meh."

I'm not bagging it. I'm glad to see it on The Duece. It was well produced (although it did seem like a challenge for the audio folks to have to battle the amp stuff. Tragic side-effet, the Amps are there to push sounds that cannot be heard in outdoor venues, and it appears to be causing trouble for the broadcasts).

I too would have preferred more performance and less filler. But this is not really a slam to DCI. That's a tough choice to make. Hopefully it works best for the activity, even if it doesn't work best for me. Time will tell.

At least it wasn't relegated to the Ocho.

I deduce this because adience sizes are growing, but not swelling.  This indicates to me that, with so many age outs joining the ranks of new fans, that there are quite a few fans leaving.  Almost as many as new ones are coming, over the past 4-5 years.  Before that, more were leaving than coming.

Given the number of corps today, I don't see that ageouts form a particularly large part of the audience increases.

As for those leaving...my guess (and that is ALL it is) is that the numbers departing are not all that different from the past. People came and went all the time, as their lives and tastes changed over time.

Mike

All I know is, when someone has NEVER watched football before in his life, and he watches for the first time, you don't break down the finer points of the west coast offense for him.  You just let him watch the catches, the runs, the kicks, and the hits!  Then he'll want to know more gradually.  This broadcast barely let viewers see the drum corps equivalent to "catches, runs, kicks, and hits", and instead did took us into a scientific explanation of heart rates.

I'm not so sure about that. My wife won't watch football because she doesn't understand the rules and doesn't want to listen to me explain them while the game is going on. See where i'm going with this?

just got an email from my brother who is not a drum corps guy although he has watched with me and my other brother before. He's a sports guy and he said it wasn't for him, it wasn't interesting, they didn't show enough of the show, and he turned it off half way through