2017 Uniform Thread

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Is this the Boston guard's uni/costumes reveal? The colors are right.  And it was in the Boston paper... and ya'll know the media only gives us true news, right?

Time will tell.

lActivists dressed as characters from

But Xandandl, I have the power of the Google... "Activists dressed as characters from The Handmaid's Tale chant in the Texas Capitol Rotunda as they protest SB 8, a bill that would require health care facilities, including hospitals and abortion clinics, to bury or cremate any fetal remains whether from abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth, and to be banned from donating aborted fetal tissue to medical researchers, on May 23 in Austin."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

But Xandandl, I have the power of the Google... "Activists dressed as characters from The Handmaid's Tale chant in the Texas Capitol Rotunda as they protest SB 8, a bill that would require health care facilities, including hospitals and abortion clinics, to bury or cremate any fetal remains whether from abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth, and to be banned from donating aborted fetal tissue to medical researchers, on May 23 in Austin."

Your googling is strangely different from what was captioned in the exec summary I was sent for tomorrow's BG. I won't comment further as it would broach the DCP boundaries. It certainly doesn't involve Boston's corps.

A new look for women’s rights protests: ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ cloaks and bonnets

Across the country, women’s rights advocates are using costumes straight out of Margaret Atwood’s story of a dystopian society.

4 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Your googling is strangely different from what was captioned in the exec summary I was sent for tomorrow's BG. I won't comment further as it would broach the DCP boundaries. It certainly doesn't involve Boston's corps.

A new look for women’s rights protests: ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ cloaks and bonnets

Across the country, women’s rights advocates are using costumes straight out of Margaret Atwood’s story of a dystopian society.

yoda-afraid-of-the-ban-hammer-you-are-no

17 minutes ago, Liahona said:

yoda-afraid-of-the-ban-hammer-you-are-no

Yea, that's some real bad juju there...

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Dayummmm

• Like 2

Some serious vertical lift on those hats.

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Some serious vertical lift on those hats.

They seem almost a retrofit of The Guardsmen's "oat meal boxes" circa 1970's.

Then again, the view of the photo is from below looking up. For all we know for certain it might be another version of Crown's faux shako with a different feather plume. I much prefer the lively red to the gloomy grey.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1