2017 Coming Down the Home Stretch...let the speculation fly

That 3-4-5 slot could look completely different next Saturday. I'm already excited. Bring it on

• Like 5

I am about as far removed from liking BD for many of the last few shows. All season I kept telling myself that SCV deserved to beat them due to their undisputed live attraction and crowd reation. As much as I thought I was right, I was wrong. I challenge anyone here to log into YouTube and watch nightBEAT vids of Bloo, SCV, and BD and tell me there is a better show than BD. The catch is watch BD first. Then watch 2nd through 4th. BD from start to finish has the goods. SCV who I desperately hope wins, has The best last 3 minutes in the activity. Problem is BD's whole show trumps (not Donald) it. Only thing you can tell is better from SCV is drums, and pretty easily so but seeing GE is king, not sure Vanguard matches what BD is doing. That said, the top 2 are far in a way better than 3-4. Good luck to all Corps this week and god man I hope SCV wins but if they don't, BD certainly deserves it. 

• Like 4

The Blue Devils are locked into first place and Santa Clara will finish second.  These placements will not change.  However, third, fourth, and fifth are all up for grabs now especially with The Cavaliers' brass line playing so well.  It would not surprise me to see my brothers from Rosemont in third place.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

BD isn't even close to dirty. 

In the context of title contenders, yes they are.  The simplified "Legend" drum cadence is still tick infested.  Every file in the drill rotation breaks every time I see it.  Bumblebee licks are a bit muddy in spots where timing is not locked in.  Soloists are out of tune, especially the two amped mellophones in the final push.  These are glaring problems, uncharacteristic for the Blue Devils at any time of year, and unprecedented in August (unless you go back to 1973).

If they fail to address such obvious performance issues, judges will have to call them out in the end.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

I am about as far removed from liking BD for many of the last few shows. All season I kept telling myself that SCV deserved to beat them due to their undisputed live attraction and crowd reation. As much as I thought I was right, I was wrong. I challenge anyone here to log into YouTube and watch nightBEAT vids of Bloo, SCV, and BD and tell me there is a better show than BD. The catch is watch BD first. Then watch 2nd through 4th. BD from start to finish has the goods. SCV who I desperately hope wins, has The best last 3 minutes in the activity. Problem is BD's whole show trumps (not Donald) it. Only thing you can tell is better from SCV is drums, and pretty easily so but seeing GE is king, not sure Vanguard matches what BD is doing. That said, the top 2 are far in a way better than 3-4. Good luck to all Corps this week and god man I hope SCV wins but if they don't, BD certainly deserves it. 

I was at nightBEAT.

BD was loud.  The crystal (?) hit was stunning. The opening drill was neat.

But BD simply did not have the visual book to compete. It was very obvious from the stands.

Vanguard was better.  Crown was better.  One could even argue Boston was better.  Bloo was a little flat that night.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

In the context of title contenders, yes they are.  The simplified "Legend" drum cadence is still tick infested.  Every file in the drill rotation breaks every time I see it.  Bumblebee licks are a bit muddy in spots where timing is not locked in.  Soloists are out of tune, especially the two amped mellophones in the final push.  These are glaring problems, uncharacteristic for the Blue Devils at any time of year, and unprecedented in August (unless you go back to 1973).

If they fail to address such obvious performance issues, judges will have to call them out in the end.

Call out BD? When has that ever happened? They will win in Indy, of that I am sure.

• Like 1

I think BD and SCV's shows are both championship worthy and it will all come down to who has a better run on Saturday night. Last year Bloo had a GE buffer that let them have a sloppy finals run and still win, this year noone has that comfort. Whoever wins gold will have to be firing on all cylinders. 

• Like 1

1. BD ans SCV TIE

3. Bloo

4. Cavies

5. Crown

6. Boston

7. Caders

8. Blue Knights

9. Regiment

10. Blue Star

11. XMen

12. Scouts

I am going to do this, just for fun.

1 SCV!! Because this is my list and what I Want.

2 BD Because the and SCV deserve to win.

3 Crown Great show again.

4 Bluecoats Again Great show

5 Boston Crusaders Because this is my list and I feel like they could give Cavies the slip.

6 Cavies If BAC wasnt a contender for top 5, they would be 5th

7 Cadets I like the show, I just like the other more. I feel this is one of their weakest years.

8 BK

9 PR

10 Xmen

11 Blue Stars

12 Mandarins Please Please make the top 12!!!! been exciting getting new corps into the top 12. Just would like to get one to stick.

13 Scouts

14 Colts

15 Academy  

16 troopers

17  Spirit

18 OSaders

19  PC

20 Cascade

21 Genesis

22 Surf

23 Pioneer

• Like 3