hazing/misconduct

13 hours ago, skevinp said:

I have a concealed skewer permit, though I mostly just use it for kebabs.

And just where do you conceal this skewer? If it's where I think it is then that would mean the joke is on you. The joke is on you? Is that what I meant to say? The joke is on you? I just can't figure out what I meant to say but since you are so clever I'm sure you will be able to figure it out. 

Edited by Bsader

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

When it rains it pours.  Was told some not so good things by a friend about a certain Midwest corps. I won’t mention details as nothing has been confirmed yet, just word of mouth. If it’s true though, not good. 

Almost every corps now has online whistleblower reporting mechanisms and anyone who has first hand knowledge is encouraged by those corps to REPORT any claims so that the corps' whistleblower investigation team can look into it. Posting blind items on  DCP fails to rise to the test of doing anything that would actually get an investigation going. If you DO have this information, it's your RESPONSIBILITY - do I need to repeat that? - to get your source to get online and report it to the organization's Board of Directors.

If the corps in question doesn't have a whistleblower policy, DCI does, so there's no excuse for anyone to let suspected or known dangerous situations go unreported.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bsader said:

Yes, because everything must be totally under control or the world will descend into chaos and we will all be left on our own to fend for ourselves against the wild beasts! 

Well, I was thinking to myself that the Blue Stars culture as described in these stories has a Lord Of The Flies feeling. 

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Almost every corps now has online whistleblower reporting mechanisms and anyone who has first hand knowledge is encouraged by those corps to REPORT any claims so that the corps' whistleblower investigation team can look into it. Posting blind items on  DCP fails to rise to the test of doing anything that would actually get an investigation going. If you DO have this information, it's your RESPONSIBILITY - do I need to repeat that? - to get your source to get online and report it to the organization's Board of Directors.

If the corps in question doesn't have a whistleblower policy, DCI does, so there's no excuse for anyone to let suspected or known dangerous situations go unreported.

I admire your confidence in these corps policing themselves.  I’m sorry to say that I don’t share that confidence. 

Do they even check those online whistleblower forms? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Narrow said:

Anyone in contact with kids at Pio? I heard they were having medical issues. Is everything ok there?

Not ok from the sounds of it but it's all speculative right now until there's confirmation. Thankfully it seems like people are going through the right channels and DCI is now aware. Things are not looking good, major developments in the next few days.

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I admire your confidence in these corps policing themselves.  I’m sorry to say that I don’t share that confidence. 

Do they even check those online whistleblower forms? 

Thinking whistle blower protection by law as opposed to real life. Too many ways to hide black balling someone under guise of “they are not what we’re looking for”. To put your corps career on the line by blindly using an online form and hope it’s used the proper way... 

yes I am a cynic for various reasons 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2