hazing/misconduct

4 hours ago, gabe211 said:

can confirm...

i can too, just didnt want to LOL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Amazing those of us who could remember our old days. this happened most of the time..hit the truck stops and the several fast food places around it and scatter for an hour or so. Very different times today, especially when you pay thousands. Gezz the things we did back in the day. It's amazing we all lived through it..lol

It was different back then.. I remember when I was about 8 I had a self-imposed 5-mile radius (because that is how far I could ride bike) from house that I played in.  There were probably just as many nut-cases out there to hurt children as today, but the difference was there was no instant news / internet to inform our parents what was going on.  

Letting a bunch of 14+ yr olds fend for themselves to find their own fast food was just an extension of this mentality

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

Stupid #### like “history” and “tradition” and “loyalty” and not wanting to let the corps fold is what keeps bad organizations from getting shut down when they should be. It’s marching band. Drum corps needs to get over itself. There are plenty of OC corps that would offer a better experience. Old timers bemoan the loss of corps but the fact is that many of them were financial disasters that couldn’t take care of their members. Doesn’t and shouldn’t fly in 2018.

There are so many resources here in Milwaukee for non-profits. UW-Milwaukee has a post-graduate certificate in non-profit management. Perfect opportunity to pick up an intern at the very least. NewWaukee is an organization made up of young professionals whose main objective is to start serving the community, mostly they’re looking to serve on arts boards. Marquette University has a wonderful grant library with incredibly helpful staff. It’s as if Pioneer is running on willful ignorance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

There are so many resources here in Milwaukee for non-profits. UW-Milwaukee has a post-graduate certificate in non-profit management. Perfect opportunity to pick up an intern at the very least. NewWaukee is an organization made up of young professionals whose main objective is to start serving the community, mostly they’re looking to serve on arts boards. Marquette University has a wonderful grant library with incredibly helpful staff. It’s as if Pioneer is running on willful ignorance. 

Yes- I also thought about how the corps also has pretty much an open membership policy/willing to teach up anyone. It would be a good match for any Community College in that area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Yes- I also thought about how the corps also has pretty much an open membership policy/willing to teach up anyone. It would be a good match for any Community College in that area.

I was thinking more of the administrative end but you’re correct. The top four high school marching bands in the state are also within a half hour of their headquarters. 

9 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Everyone in this thread knows what's up with this.

I guess I would think a really good reporter would maybe contact the corps themselves for this information? Getting it second hand from fans that may or in most cases NOT have the correct answer seems very irresponsible. Maybe she is doing that as well? I would hope so. Just my two coppers.

24 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I guess I would think a really good reporter would maybe contact the corps themselves for this information? Getting it second hand from fans that may or in most cases NOT have the correct answer seems very irresponsible. Maybe she is doing that as well? I would hope so. Just my two coppers.

Might be saving direct questions to corps for more important things or after she gets the facts together. Otherwise running risk of getting no response due to multiple questions on small things. Aka - not her again

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1