Why Blue Devils Win

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to borrow one of BD's mirrors and take a long hard look at yourself in it.

I don't pawn my opinions off as facts. That's what "IMO" stands for. In My Opinion. Sometimes, I even take the time to write the entire phrase out. If you look closely at my post you quoted, you'll see one of each.

I'm assuming though, you've done some exit polling at shows where BD has performed that can back up your "facts" that more people like this show than dislike it. Shame you won't be posting again in this thread, as I'd like to see your results. And I know my opinion is at least shared by one other, so that blows another one of your "facts" out of the water.

I was at a couple shows with BD this year and I can factually tell you more people in the stands liked BD than disliked BD. I know this from the crowd response which was very supportive of BD's efforts.

you're not alone in this opinion either. i know BD's great. there's no doubting that, but i'm not sure they're astronomically greater than all the other corps out there. it seems as if there's a default answer of "well, they're BD, they do it better than everyone else, therefore they deserve the score they get." bollocks.

i'm trying my best to watch their show and see just what it is that's warranting the scores that they're getting. as of this moment, i can't. i don't see or hear that they're doing anything that's so amazing. they're actually dirtier than they were last year compared to where everyone else is now. it feels as if they're going down the judges' score sheet and checking things off to put them in the show. i just don't feel anything from watching their show.

I feel the same way about Crown and Cadets. Just so boring this year. Same old drill, just a different tune.

Strange, isn't it?

Even the political statements of the 70s (Garfield's peace sign) and 80s shows (Suncoasts "wall", and even the "Contemporary Child") tried to push a little . . .as things become more PC in the 90s, so goes the message. . .Crossmen's "Children Are Our Future" . . .

. . .and, finally, as designers and everyone else become too afraid to do anything but navel-gaze, we end up with nothing but weak commentary that's just passive self-declaration: "This, I Believe".

Kind of depressing, really.

depressing, yes, if I weren't chuckling so much at your post; "This I Believe". Ha!

Pretty darn funny, and an astute observation.

So is that what BD is trying to do? Something different? So when will they do something musically different that I like? Seems it's been the same design for several years now...

Now that I know you can speak for the majority of the audience, care to tell me tonights lottery numbers ??

G

Wow.....I must have been blind and deaf at the 2008 Championship, when the crowd went absolutely nuts during Phantom's show, and not so for BD........and I must have

been mistaken and not perceptive to see that most of the crowd thought BD

should have won........I'm sure way more fans stayed for BD's encore performance last year after

they won then Phantom 08, so they could hear the "masterpiece" again.........

and the only reviews this year where their music arrangements were called into question must have been written by "the haters".........

lmao

GB

True....but it happens so often....

please bump your post!