Phantom Regiment 2014

Thank you for this!!! I hate to be the one to name names but I think we all know the person causing a lot of the hate for phantom on these threads and that is chaos001. He claims to love phantom yet spews nothing but hate towards the staff and the organization itself. This saddens me and I wish nothing but the best towards the Phantom Regiment organization. Do they have problems right now in some of their design choices? Yeah, but name a corps that has not hit a rough patch. When Blue Devils have hit a skid or Vanguard or Cavies or fill in the blank they may have had some major vocal critics, but not alumni who would spew venom at a group they supposedly love. Yet sadly this happens to Phantom if one person plays out of tune or one person marches out of step.

I love you Phantom. Your history speaks for itself.

I love what they used to be, not what they are lately. That's not hate I'm "spewing." Hate would be a lot worse. I am heavily critical of the programming/other things as of the last few years. I expect better. If all you're seeing is hate, honestly all your reading is being done at a surface level. If you've followed my postings over the last eight years, you'd have seen the gradual change I've felt. I used to be inspired by their programming and music, but now am bored. I still hope things can change. Edited by chaos001

If you are bored move on what you write really reflects who you are, Written words no matter what the intent hurt and last forever. You may think your writing is not hateful, but comes across as such. Think about it. I am a real grammie and I would be so disapponted if one of my grandchildren wrote the things you are writing. Yes I am a Regiment fan, but also a fan of many other corps. I like some and not so enamoured of others, but I respect them, especially the young men and women who believe in them and spend their summers working towards a goal. If you disrespect a corps you are devaluing the men and women who march,. their parents, volunteers. staff and fans

• Like 6

I have to jump in here as all of you do not have the facts about the Regiment. I dont know where you get them but they are not true. You meanness has replaced your ability to make informed decisions about the corps.

per your last few posts. They have been in a good financial position for the last few years. The food drive is too offset the cost of gasoline. Every corps biggest expense on the road is gas and they are trying to offset the cost. Sounfs like good planning to me. If you dont like the Corps you have the right to your misinformed opinion, but you dont have to spew hate to get your opinion across. Move on and get a life.

I have to add my thanks to this post! I am saddened by much of the comments on DCP this summer. Criticism can be positive.....but lately it seems to be motivated by meanness. Thanks for balanced, informed comments!

• Like 3

Thank you for this!!! I hate to be the one to name names but I think we all know the person causing a lot of the hate for phantom on these threads and that is chaos001. He claims to love phantom yet spews nothing but hate towards the staff and the organization itself. This saddens me and I wish nothing but the best towards the Phantom Regiment organization. Do they have problems right now in some of their design choices? Yeah, but name a corps that has not hit a rough patch. When Blue Devils have hit a skid or Vanguard or Cavies or fill in the blank they may have had some major vocal critics, but not alumni who would spew venom at a group they supposedly love. Yet sadly this happens to Phantom if one person plays out of tune or one person marches out of step.

I love you Phantom. Your history speaks for itself.

Yes

• Like 1

If you are bored move on what you write really reflects who you are, Written words no matter what the intent hurt and last forever. You may think your writing is not hateful, but comes across as such. Think about it. I am a real grammie and I would be so disapponted if one of my grandchildren wrote the things you are writing. Yes I am a Regiment fan, but also a fan of many other corps. I like some and not so enamoured of others, but I respect them, especially the young men and women who believe in them and spend their summers working towards a goal. If you disrespect a corps you are devaluing the men and women who march,. their parents, volunteers. staff and fans

I don't give up quite that easily. I still have hopes that they'll return to being the corps I know them to be.

My intentions aren't to be mean, but highly critical. My expectations usually exceed what others think are reasonable. If you understand my purpose as mean, then I'm sorry we can't come to an agreement on how that should be interpreted. If the words hurt, then maybe there is some truth in them that no one wants to admit. Look past the reactionary and find the true intent. Put down the bias that "someone's saying something I don't like/want to hear" and listen.

Saying that disrespecting a corps in turn disrespects every individual is a rather broad statement to be made, and is very much false. My ire goes towards design, not anyone else. I know firsthand how much effort goes into the show each and every day. I just wish the design was the proper vehicle for the corps members to realize their passion.

Yes that button does work for all of us. I am truly sorry that you dont get it, but I am not surprised. My hope is that you will enjoy each corps no matter what. Sometimes that ignore button only works if you listen. Enjoy the summer of drum corps as it is a special and unique,activity.

I love it dearly as I suppose you do. SUTA

• Like 1

I don't give up quite that easily. I still have hopes that they'll return to being the corps I know them to be.

My intentions aren't to be mean, but highly critical. My expectations usually exceed what others think are reasonable. If you understand my purpose as mean, then I'm sorry we can't come to an agreement on how that should be interpreted. If the words hurt, then maybe there is some truth in them that no one wants to admit. Look past the reactionary and find the true intent. Put down the bias that "someone's saying something I don't like/want to hear" and listen.

Saying that disrespecting a corps in turn disrespects every individual is a rather broad statement to be made, and is very much false. My ire goes towards design, not anyone else. I know firsthand how much effort goes into the show each and every day. I just wish the design was the proper vehicle for the corps members to realize their passion.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been left feeling a little flat from the shows. Those kids are playing their butts off, but I don't feel the intense fire like Faust or the passion from Spartacus. That comes from the music they are playing/visuals they do, not how they do them.

• Like 2

May I introduce Chaos001 and Eric 49

:soapbox:

Edited by Sutasaurus

not saying this to be rude but has regiment ever had a wow drill moment? Serious question

Yes, but nothing like other corps who have been more historically visually oriented, but yes.