Instauration in Indy: 6/18

That's DCP, right? :tounge2:

Cadets were great, their guard was the highlight of the night for me, they looked beautiful against the Cadets uniform, as a visual guy who loves a great color scheme, they looked phenomenal. Looking forward to what they do the rest of the season.

Blue is one of my favourite colours :smile:

I saw a Patriotic show with crisp music and guard aplenty, a Fun show where the pit invaded the field lol, a Pretty show with nice uniforms, a Stage show that flowed well and a Space show with constant motion through the universe. The frisbees were cool. Fan Network was clear and smooth for me tonight (only 1 refresh required). Thank you. Looking forward to Saturday Night.

The word "aplenty" makes me chuckle.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Nice job by all. Tough camps for some contras and the Cadets were down one snare from the other night. By Monday night, many will be revamping their pre-season picks. Then in early July, when slotting discussions begins, all bets are off! Should be a fun 7 1/2 weeks.

I loved the Crown brass on tutti chords and in their ballad, but seriously, there had to be somewhere between 2 and 3 minutes total in their show where the brass did not play a note...don't think that helps them, even though the percussion is well staged and seems stronger than last year. In comparison, the Cadets are a muscular machine looking for further enhancements to their show to get it over the top this summer. They have places were the battery's excellence is subdued by its staging on the field, and both the stage and some of the narration get in the way of the mass of the corp behind them. Now, we will see a chess game to see what moves each group makes to build from overall strong baseline showing last night.

Edited by brichtimp

I stated earlier that my feed froze during Phantom - it was about 2 minutes into their program and it took me around 3 minutes to get the broadcast to work again. I rewound the video at that point and started over. I watched the single cam version and then continued with the rest of the show - a little behind. After the broadcast I watched the multi-cam version of Phantom.

I really wanted to like the show. I think it has potential but to get to that point will take a lot. There were a lot of individual things going on with marching technique. I know it's early in the season, but marching uniformity was really lagging compared to other seasons. Transitions between forms were rough. People made their dots but getting there was "bouncy" for some. It shows that there are a lot of rookies.

I thought they were good musically although there was one point during a tuba feature that sounded like 1 or two tubas were playing as opposed to 16 (15 with the hole in the line).

The guard is beautiful and has potential.

The portable Gap changing rooms for some of the guard - what was the effect supposed to be?

Edit: Took out some stuff that really didn't add much to the above.

Edited by Lincoln

The word "aplenty" makes me chuckle.

I had Taco Bell last night.

I now have gas aplenty.

• Like 1