TOC - Warrensburg MO

So, I'll be the one to say that I was shocked with SCV moving up last night. Of course, it was just on the TV, but I thought they had load of visual dirt. And I thought the horns had plenty of problems too. I didn't even consider that Coats would be in trouble. Rather, I thought Cavies would go over SCV. Am I the only one?

• Like 1

Crown's line didn't sound as clear last night and I noticed a couple cut offs that made me nervous but in terms of intonation and BALANCE in the line (no high brass overpowering the rest of the corps), I don't think any corps came close. I think the spread might have been doing crown too much of a favor but I still think they deserved high brass last night.

• Like 2

Crown's line didn't sound as clear last night and I noticed a couple cut offs that made me nervous but in terms of intonation and BALANCE in the line (no high brass overpowering the rest of the corps), I don't think any corps came close. I think the spread might have been doing crown too much of a favor but I still think they deserved high brass last night.

Ironically, balance is the one thing that is NOT judged on the brass sheet. It's the main reason I absolutely detest the fact that brass is judged from the field.

• Like 1

I'd lay money a few people on DCP are in a HIGH chair...you know, cause they're immature.

Seriously? I have to read every day about how "drum corps was better when it was rotary valves, marching timpanis, star bursts and z-pulls." Literally every day I have to read how something was better 30, 40 or 50 years ago. Now I get called immature because I finally call old windbags old?!

Seriously? I have to read every day about how "drum corps was better when it was rotary valves, marching timpanis, star bursts and z-pulls." Literally every day I have to read how something was better 30, 40 or 50 years ago. Now I get called immature because I finally call old windbags old?!

we have all those today but timpanis on the field

Here we go, olden days were better. 1986 had the best horn line ever. Man you guys are like a broken record.

Trying to say this in the most respectful manner...correct me if I'm wrong but I assume when you say "you guys", you mean you aren't old enough to have been at a live show in the 80's. If that's the case, how can you say we are like a broken record? You weren't there, we were. You can listen to as many recordings in every way possible, it still isn't the same as live, period. We, us old guys, were there and alot of us played back then, so in my head, we can compare the two. Some say "back then" was better, some do not. Personally I think we were louder then, but today's horns sound smoother, more in tune to a point.

Aside from my opinion, if you weren't there, I feel you can't make that comment to compare the two....and when I say compare, I am implying everything your whole sentence says...which is giving the "old guys" a hard time about that's where we always go with conversations like these.

• Like 1