Staff merrigoround

Rarely, yes, yes, and yes (though also rare).

And yet its pretty common at Crown in the percussion section. When was the last time you saw someone leave one of those programs I mentioned to come to Crown's percussion program? In the mean time, the center snare at Cadets this year was center snare at Crown 2 years ago. Its common sense. Crown doesn't have the draw that other programs have in percussion. Even my high school kids can see/hear the difference in quality. I hear them talk about a ton of drumlines. Crown doesn't come up.

Obviously this is all relative. A top 12 program draws good talent. But relative to their competition? Not even close. Crown draws some of the best brass talent on the planet because they have one of the best brass programs on the planet. That can't be said for their percussion program. Its a fact.

• Like 1

-"You think that happens in the brass section at Crown? Its a strange phenomenon, but its a fact."

In fact, Cadets brass line '14 included 2 players who marched in Crown's '13 line. There are many factors that go into the shifts from one corps to another; sometimes the instructor is not the only factor. Others can be the chemistry of the kids themselves within a section, the particular choice of show, where the tour will go in a given season, friends in other corps, etc., etc. Sometimes it can even be kids seeking a ring and playing the odds.

Cadets and Blue Devils have lost members at times too who have gone elsewhere. Too much Hop talk, too laid back, too...whatever. You're dealing with humans.

If I'm not mistaken, he wrote for Spirit in 2012 and 2013. Haven't looked very carefully at it, so I don't know anything about the quality of that work.

He wrote for Spirit from 2010-2012 and for Colts from 2007-2009.

Some positives: The overall design, including his drill, propelled the Colts into finals in 2007. And Spirit returned to the top 12, after several pretty disappointing shows, in 2011 and 2012.

I'm not thrilled, but I'm not shattered. I'm more disappointed that Jamey Thompson is gone than Jeremy Hunt is replacing him.

Careful on that negativity (and truth) around here.

I think Jeremy deserves an opportunity to prove the doubters wrong. As for the negativity angle.... look no further than Chaos 001!!!! I'm surprised that you haven't dissected the last twelve years of Jeremy's work to show everyone how below standard his work is. I mean really, you refuse to state who you are so why should we take ANYTHING you have to say with a grain of credence? Are you that close to the inner sanctum that you cannot divulge who you really are???? If that's the case then you sir/madam are nothing but a coward. As I've stated before....go find something to be positive about and give the "I know what's best for Regiment" crap a rest.