Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Liahona and 7567,

I guess you have been eating those same mind-reading pills as Brasso that give infallible judgments about what others have for thoughts and motivations.

In fact, I have volunteered the last few years at Crusaders' home shows; a branch of my family lives in Hingham which is how I met the possible donor, a major player in the regional banking and telecommunications world there in the greater Hub and whose turn-off was a camp on a major religious weekend for several religions prominent in Greater Boston (and the nation) while the same administration was trying to make money off CYO's past history. To me, his criticism was much like the kid in Hans Christian Anderson's The Emperor's New Clothes. No disrespect to past or present members of Waldo's family. If taken, read the book. Hey, a possible show idea for 2015.

Well who is being sarcastic now? I wasn't reading anyone's mind, I was reading your post about a "zillionaire" who was going to donate but because of his objection for a perceived religious slight, decided to donate elsewhere, and not even to a DC. Yeah right! BS!! What I got out of that was that a "zillionaire" only wants to fund anyone who has the very same exact belief system as he. BAC has many other contributors of similar positions in business and have equally high moral standards as your "zillionaire"! Your reference to Hans Christian Anderson is lost on me. And the corps revival of the CYO show isn't to make it a religious experience. CYO Nationals were never a religious experience anyway except in a drum corps performance sense, there were so many incredible shows. It is recalling for local DC fans what was simply a great show on a weeknight, with great corps competing for what was then, a good amount of prize money and certainly a good amount of prestige. No one was planning on meeting the pope or guaranteeing entry through pearly gates. You finish your ridiculous statement with "no disrespect to past or present memebers of Waldo's family" but that is exactly what you did.

Wishing Boston Crusaders a very Happy and successful 75th Anniversary. Some alums are too self-involved and (think they) know better than the admin....This admin. is talented, young, BAC - experienced, fearless, and financed.

Whether from Boston, FL, CA, WA, CT, ME, VT, NY, VA, NJ , PA, SC. NC, FL, GA, LA, TX, OK, OH, IL,MI, Japan, Nepal, Italy, Holland, Germany, or The UK, this organization and their Alums surely must appreciate the Global- Waldo statement made by so many talented members who marched w/. this fine Corps.

I hope you continue to shake things up, laugh at the micro-managers/ whiners, know-it alls, and hyper critics---some of whom have the tenacity and poor-form to post here!

It's all about you, Crusaders and have a special 75th Year ahead, y'all.x

PS I'm putting y'all in my will..as soon as I'm out of the lady-house.Warden's a peach.

Wishing Boston Crusaders a very Happy and successful 75th Anniversary. Some alums are too self-involved and (think they) know better than the admin....This admin. is talented, young, BAC - experienced, fearless, and financed.

Whether from Boston, FL, CA, WA, CT, ME, VT, NY, VA, NJ , PA, SC. NC, FL, GA, LA, TX, OK, OH, IL,MI, Japan, Nepal, Italy, Holland, Germany, or The UK, this organization and their Alums surely must appreciate the Global- Waldo statement made by so many talented members who marched w/. this fine Corps.

I hope you continue to shake things up, laugh at the micro-managers/ whiners, know-it alls, and hyper critics---some of whom have the tenacity and poor-form to post here!

It's all about you, Crusaders and have a special 75th Year ahead, y'all.x

PS I'm putting y'all in my will..as soon as I'm out of the lady-house.Warden's a peach.

Yes, Phil, some of us alum do get carried away and I need to be more patient with their goal of moving upward. They have shaken things up these past two years and the resignation of M. Lentz is the latest installment.

• Like 1

According to this post by Northern Thunder on the Open DCP forum, I guess this look won't be returning for the 75th. I thought it the most powerful to the box of recent versions.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

In its early stages. They have apparently acquired the uniforms formerly worn by the Boston Crusaders:

http://www.battalion...rg/#!news/c17qu

' Looking forward to seeing what BAC has in store for us in 2015.

According to this post by Northern Thunder on the Open DCP forum, I guess this look won't be returning for the 75th. I thought it the most powerful to the box of recent versions.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

In its early stages. They have apparently acquired the uniforms formerly worn by the Boston Crusaders:

http://www.battalion...rg/#!news/c17qu

Boston gets their uniforms from their new partnership with Band Shoppe and those are FJM designs...

Edited by Liahona

Just hoping they take a step back and ditch the idiotic costumes from this year and return to a real Crusaders uniform.

• Like 1

Just hoping they take a step back and ditch the idiotic costumes from this year and return to a real Crusaders uniform.

I could not agree more.

I could not agree more.

Madison's unis could use a makeover too.

And don't get me started on Carolina Crown's choice of uniforms of late ( haha!)