Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Did any one say they were?

Several of the above named corps fit your definition for Cru Srs.

The homers on these Boston threads are certainly lacking some sugar in those Baked Beans.

Based on your obvious dislike for anything associated with BAC, I wonder why you even bother to read this thread. I wish I knew as much as you when I had a grand total of 55 posts....perhaps you'd be happier trolling somewhere else, Mr. xandandl.

If I didn't like the corps, I would not have freely volunteered my time for them these past few seasons.

You sound like you're worried about snow storms in Maine already. Relax.

Edited by xandandl

For the record, the Boston Crusaders Senior Corps are not just some folks who show up and do something at a BAC home show. They are, in fact, a legit drum corps who rehearses virtually year round, and performs at both parades and feld shows throughout the northeast. They actually recently had designed and made new uniforms and are a serious organization in their own right. They also find time to "treat" BAC to a couple cookouts/lobster feeds, etc and even accompany them on an annual Duck Boat tour through Boston Harbor each year during move in.

Just wanted to point out that they are much more than a random bunch of folks who show up once or twice a season...

I know the alums did not feed you lobster when you marched and that was pre-Boston Harbor clean up so it would have been more of punishment rather than a welcome to the city to go on a Duck Boat tour of the waterfront. In all seriousness, a few years ago I was in Yocco's after Allentown and a few kids were a bit short on cash. I might also add without naming the corps that thee kids did not march in Boston Crusaders and these kids had no idea of who these guys were. Who picked up the tab for the entire group? Three members of Crusaders Senior.

For the record, the Boston Crusaders Senior Corps are not just some folks who show up and do something at a BAC home show. They are, in fact, a legit drum corps who rehearses virtually year round, and performs at both parades and feld shows throughout the northeast. They actually recently had designed and made new uniforms and are a serious organization in their own right. They also find time to "treat" BAC to a couple cookouts/lobster feeds, etc and even accompany them on an annual Duck Boat tour through Boston Harbor each year during move in.

Just wanted to point out that they are much more than a random bunch of folks who show up once or twice a season...

It's not enough that I've always wished I lived closer to the Boston area -- you had to throw THAT in????? Geeessshhh.... :sad:

If I didn't like the corps, I would not have freely volunteered my time for them these past few seasons.

Thanks for your support these past few seasons. I especially appreciate the effort you've put forth to learn the history of the corps and how you've come to know all about everything Boston. I think it is fantastic how quickly you have come to feel so comfortable with all your fellow volunteers you can freely express your insightful nay thoughtful perspective on everything Boston while providing anything much beyond trolling and baiting and backslapping yourself on much you like the the corps . That seems at odds with your many comments . But then maybe I'm concerned about an early snowstorm too!

You sound like you're worried about snow storms in Maine already. Relax.

• Like 1

I can't be the only one out there that really liked Animal Farm, and think that a dark, angry Boston would be great to see next year. It was awesome to see someone put Nevsky on the field, and that Barber piece for the ballad was sublime. Hopefully Boston doesn't get a shellacking from DCI about the baby powder/flag design for Finals, and can continue on this design trend. I know it didn't end up in the Top 6, but it was entertaining and edgy and angry. Loved it.

• Like 2