Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Boston drivers are bad enough but Boo drives them crazy in China.

I guess my Confessor better keep the oils ready for the Extreme Unction as they called it BITD..

I'm not your confessor, or at least I don't think I am and if I am I will not break the seal, but if you need to be anointed ("Extreme Unction"), I always keep a set of oils in my car for an emergency, so if you are in Foxboro, Quincy, Manchester, Bristol, perhaps Lynn and hopefully Allentown, you're all set, but please do not need them during performances. I am not getting to Indy this year so I don't want to miss any of the live shows I do get to see.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

At the risk of steering this thread back on topic, I just want to say that I had the privilege of spending about 24 hours in Castleton Saturday night into last night. Even though Vermont isn't that far from Maine on a map, there is no east/west highway in northern New England, so it was still a four hour ride each way in the RV. I personally wish they were closer, but the secluded mountain facilities there are top notch, and corps members, staff and admin seem to like the location, so it's all good.

The corps looks and sounds great, and morale is very high at the end of their first week of Spring Training. I counted 80 horns in the arc yesterday, but I get the impression that there are more than that including the alternates. The guard has 40 members plus six alternates, and the drum line is full as well. Yesterday was new drum day, as the members were unpacking this year's new equipment....aka Christmas Morning for the battery and front ensemble.

Having been around the activity for over 35 years, I must say that I am still in love with the kids who march and the staffs who teach them. The dedication of all of these people is so unlike much of our ordinary society, it almost makes the drum corps culture a throwback experience whenever I visit. Horn players who want to play and march great, drummers who want to "throw down some clean beats" and guard members working to perfect their craft....and btw, the food crew on the "Chez Waldo" truck is STILL Box FIVE!

The rehearsals I watched (which included sub sectionals, sectionals, and full ensemble) were well-run and focused. Everyone gets the fact that it is the 75th and it is on the kids' minds and brought up at rehearsals frequently. One of the ageouts told me the corps feels a "responsibility to get this right". In keeping with my recent decision to not feed the trolls this year, I'm not going to comment on any specifics of the show. I will say that I truly believe that crusty old alums like me and newbies to the activity will all find something to like from Boston in 2015. To my fellow old crusties, this is the show we've been waiting for. Trust me when I tell you that the Legacy is in good hands with this show and these kids. I can't wait for the season to start!

• Like 6

BAC looks great. better than the cadets looks at this point in time

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1

BAC loks great. better than the cadets looks at this point in time

That's quite a claim. Scary to imagine how BAC's show is if you're right (which I somehow doubt)

• Like 1

To my fellow old crusties, this is the show we've been waiting for. Trust me when I tell you that the Legacy is in good hands with this show and these kids.

75 and still alive. Thanks craiga.

• Like 1

At the risk of steering this thread back on topic, I just want to say that I had the privilege of spending about 24 hours in Castleton Saturday night into last night. Even though Vermont isn't that far from Maine on a map, there is no east/west highway in northern New England, so it was still a four hour ride each way in the RV. I personally wish they were closer, but the secluded mountain facilities there are top notch, and corps members, staff and admin seem to like the location, so it's all good.

The corps looks and sounds great, and morale is very high at the end of their first week of Spring Training. I counted 80 horns in the arc yesterday, but I get the impression that there are more than that including the alternates. The guard has 40 members plus six alternates, and the drum line is full as well. Yesterday was new drum day, as the members were unpacking this year's new equipment....aka Christmas Morning for the battery and front ensemble.

Having been around the activity for over 35 years, I must say that I am still in love with the kids who march and the staffs who teach them. The dedication of all of these people is so unlike much of our ordinary society, it almost makes the drum corps culture a throwback experience whenever I visit. Horn players who want to play and march great, drummers who want to "throw down some clean beats" and guard members working to perfect their craft....and btw, the food crew on the "Chez Waldo" truck is STILL Box FIVE!

The rehearsals I watched (which included sub sectionals, sectionals, and full ensemble) were well-run and focused. Everyone gets the fact that it is the 75th and it is on the kids' minds and brought up at rehearsals frequently. One of the ageouts told me the corps feels a "responsibility to get this right". In keeping with my recent decision to not feed the trolls this year, I'm not going to comment on any specifics of the show. I will say that I truly believe that crusty old alums like me and newbies to the activity will all find something to like from Boston in 2015. To my fellow old crusties, this is the show we've been waiting for. Trust me when I tell you that the Legacy is in good hands with this show and these kids. I can't wait for the season to start!

Looking very good.

I know we're missing a bunch (including myself).

• Like 1