Cadets 2015

Funny how lots of folks on here are design experts and know exactly what is driving the judges scores. Please share how the rest of us can have such insight into what wins and how to bring it to life because there's some good jobs out there we could have.

Ah yes. We mere mortals forgot -- no one shall be permitted an opinion on design or a creative desire to change it, unless thou art already in the design team. Amen.

• Like 1

Funny how lots of folks on here are design experts and know exactly what is driving the judges scores. Please share how the rest of us can have such insight into what wins and how to bring it to life because there's some good jobs out there we could have.

Well:

1. Hey you're being sarcastic!

Ah yes. We mere mortals forgot -- no one shall be permitted an opinion on design or a creative desire to change it, unless thou art already in the design team. Amen.

Opinions are one thing but it goes far beyond an opinion. It's the nature of the activity though. I had parents tell me what uniform should be used, a good effect, how to clean something ( until they were never allowed at a rehearsal till the end ..lol ) Point is it's easy on the outside to do this far more difficult to actually do it and then be accountable for it.

• Like 2

The Cadets were behind even before the uniform change in GE. Such short term memories.

• Like 3

I just don't understand why they didn't make changes to the middle portion of the show. The thing with the boxes down the middle just feels like there could be so much more.

There's nothing to "get". It's between ten yard lines. Get it? Ten.

• Like 1

I think it's pathetic all the time that's been wasted thinking about uniform colors.

It's a #### gimmick. And it doesn't work.

"10" as a theme is as superficial as it gets, and that so many cadets fans are all agog about colors makes me worry about the tradition of the Cadets that I fell in love with in the 80s, and why I drove all those all-night car trips in 1991 from Oxford, Ohio to NJ for their camps, instead of the easy 1.5 hours to Bloomington (for a corps that ended up winning gold that year): because the CBC were the corps that was pushing the boundaries the most, that had the best aesthetic vision, the most demanding staff, and the tradition of Arete that I loved.

100+ posts about black vs creme? Ridiculous.

Why not spend time and energy getting the alumni and fans together and working hard to insure that next year's theme and show design is actually worthy of the gold-medal talent of the MMs?

My favorite posts were the ones where people were rabidly screaming that the black uniforms would add so much to the clarity of the marching formations. Then, when the uniforms produced almost no increase in GE, then posters here screamed it's because of the lighting.

My. God. Who cares about the color of the uniforms when you're doing a show whose entire concept is based on wordplay? Who cares about the color of the #### uniforms when you are spelling the word "ten" on the field. I mean that's just a sign of pants-down, dried birthday-cake-in-your-hair delusion.

Edited by Channel3

I think some people's opinions would be respected a little more if they were a little more tactful about it instead of coming off like they are God's gift to drum corps design. It IS possible to have a discussion about the design of a show without sounding like a complete d#ck about it.

• Like 7

I wish the Cadets weren't criticized so harshly compared to other corp's on their choices. Welp farewell dcp...

I am beginning to feel this same sentiment. This site is beginning to bring out the worst in me.