Cadets 2015

Yeah I'm guessing they won't change it back either. I just find it disappointing that the season ends like this and possibly another slip.

No, they won't change anything back. That ship has sailed (or by report, at least has been trucked back to Allentown).

What I find disappointing is this year's show is MUCH better than last years. Music, horn line, show design, everything. This year's show knocks it out of the park.

For those who think color schemes don't matter, I don't know what DCI shows you've been watching the last 30 years. These corps fight like caged animals to gain TENTHS during finals week, and we have had championship won by LESS than a tenth of a point. EVERYTHING matters at the upper championship levels.

Cadets have always played it that way, there is nothing new about that.

• Like 1

Such a funk in here lately! Me too...but everyone else vocalizing it doesn't help me :huh2:

BUT, when I saw the Ohio scores this morning, I did chuckle -- what an appropriate result, many have been saying we can't believe one of these 4 shows won't medal (was 5 for a brief time when Vanguard was in there) -- and now we "officially" have 4 corps in the top 3.

Very cool, very interesting year. Even if things space themselves out like they often do at Champs, even if BD pulls away by more than a half point...thoroughly entertaining year and I'm SO PLEASED that this Cadets show will get a LOT of play on my stereo and TV. The most traditional and ballsy show they've produced in over 10 years (excepting maybe 2009).

:tounge2:

• Like 1

No, they won't change anything back. That ship has sailed (or by report, at least has been trucked back to Allentown).

What I find disappointing is this year's show is MUCH better than last years. Music, horn line, show design, everything. This year's show knocks it out of the park.

For those who think color schemes don't matter, I don't know what DCI shows you've been watching the last 30 years. These corps fight like caged animals to gain TENTHS during finals week, and we have had championship won by LESS than a tenth of a point. EVERYTHING matters at the upper championship levels.

Cadets have always played it that way, there is nothing new about that.

About 2/3 of last year's Cadets are in the current corps; so the 2014 crew was not exactly chopped liver. That show was musically challenging and the drill was cleaner and more achievable by mere mortals. This show has incredible physical demand, but may be impossible to get as clean as 2014.

• Like 2

Ah yes. We mere mortals forgot -- no one shall be permitted an opinion on design or a creative desire to change it, unless thou art already in the design team. Amen.

That's not my point. Folks are talking in terms of absolutes like change X to Y and Z score will result. There are several before I posted. It's arrogant and silly. My point is if you really believe you have it figured out to that level, why aren't you on a design team?

An opinion is great and I enjoy reading them. There is a difference.

• Like 1

I think some people's opinions would be respected a little more if they were a little more tactful about it instead of coming off like they are God's gift to drum corps design. It IS possible to have a discussion about the design of a show without sounding like a complete d#ck about it.

I think it is amazing that there are calls for a shake-up in the design team. This is the show we all have been clambering for. If the guard was cleaned up a bit more we would not be having this discussion. We would be talking about how next year the concept would be 11 for titles won. The year isn't over, and regardless if this show wins or comes in fourth, the show is epic. If BluRays are produced, this is a show I will watch over and over again.

• Like 3

I think it's the z-pull. They put in the new ending around July 4, and started getting wins vs BD. They took out that running company front, replaced it with the z-pull, and scores started to slide. Before the uniform change.

I think it's the z-pull. They put in the new ending around July 4, and started getting wins vs BD. They took out that running company front, replaced it with the z-pull, and scores started to slide. Before the uniform change.

Uhhh...you don't suppose the Z Pull is (at least up to Allentown) so dirty the CDC was called MIGHT be a factor?

I really hope they clean it...but the last time I saw it, I needed an antibiotic.

Oh, I thought you said the guard looked blurry on Periscope. If you did, that would actually be pretty accurate.

The guard outfits look pretty good in isolation, IMO. In action on the field, the guard now suffers from the same visual problem the corps does, the clear lines of the guard are now connected by the black pants to the black lines of the marching members, muddying up both. It just looks amorphous out there, very undefined lines, like a scatter drill all the time.

The guard themselves are very talented IMO, they are NOT terrible, they are a world class guard operating within a well designed program. The problem I see is every time they do flag work, it's simply NOT together. I think that hurts the CG score, and it hurts the overall visual score.

I am NOT a guard person, that is just my opinion seeing them live in person, and on DCI Live!.

Exactly, I was there last night, and agree -- there are timing issues in the guard that muddy the visual. Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Uhhh...you don't suppose the Z Pull is (at least up to Allentown) so dirty the CDC was called MIGHT be a factor?

I really hope they clean it...but the last time I saw it, I needed an antibiotic.

It looked pretty good live last night.

• Like 2

I think it is amazing that there are calls for a shake-up in the design team. This is the show we all have been clambering for. If the guard was cleaned up a bit more we would not be having this discussion. We would be talking about how next year the concept would be 11 for titles won. The year isn't over, and regardless if this show wins or comes in fourth, the show is epic. If BluRays are produced, this is a show I will watch over and over again.

Go read through the phantom phail forum if you want to see something disgusting and wonder where peoples heads are at.

• Like 2