Carolina Crown 2015

2016 Show confirmed.

Well, 2005 was a show about heaven (angels, that is), so probably not. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Pardon my French. But holy ####... They added something to the closer. The general effect score will likely see a boost from this.. It is really really cool!! Let me go ahead and post a little sneak peek for you all.

http://imgur.com/3cPBppT

Won't it seem like they're stealing from SCVC?

:tounge2:

Serious question that may already have been raised: wvu80 and I didn't notice the chorus in "Ode to Joy" at Massillon, although I suppose we might both have been so distracted that we missed it. If it was out, wouldn't that be like the fourth or fifth time Crown's gone back and forth on that? Which makes me wonder: have they been deliberately testing certain effects with certain judges, with an eye towards likely Finalist adjudicators?

• Like 2

My question on technique would be if the backfield musicians are supposed to play to the top of the beat to ensure that the ensemble is together, what do they do with their feet? It's drilled into them to keep time with the feet, but would it not look like visual phasing/tearing? Maybe visually, that's harder to detect from the stands than musically.

We were always taught to have the feet precisely with the drum major and articulation precisely with the feet...no matter where you were on the field. It never made sense to me how it worked, but it did. I'm not sure how Crown and other corps approach this though.

Edited by Medeabrass

Serious question that may already have been raised: wvu80 and I didn't notice the chorus in "Ode to Joy" at Massillon,

although I suppose we might both have been so distracted that we missed it. If it was out, wouldn't that be like the fourth or fifth time Crown's gone back and forth on that? Which makes me wonder: have they been deliberately testing certain effects with certain judges, with an eye towards likely Finalist adjudicators?

Brigand is right, those moments go by so fast, but I have now heard it both ways. I think it ADDS to the GE to leave it OUT!

Let that glorious brass carry the moment, and have the last word! :thumbup:

• Like 1

If you guys wouldn't mind editing those posts with the link out of it. If you already saw it, at least you have that. Just trying not to ruin anything for those who see them this weekend.

Thank you! Was my fault posting it in the first place. Excitement causes you to not think sometimes!

T-Shirt arrived today! All set for the weekend.