Fan Network 2015

Well, how else are they supposed to do it? Users want a live experience above all else (or they wouldn't be doing this). As has been explained over and over again, recording shows for download sounds easy, but requires a completely different set of rights.

I don't want the live experience as much as I want to see all the shows, and I don't want to have to sit there for four hours, six hours, eight hours, etc. at one sitting to see them all. ONCE.

Edited by drangin
  • Like 2

All I got was Liar speak and legal gobbledy gook.

Not for some Lawyer generated form letter. You did not even address my question but just gave me a bunch of double speak.

As a lawyer, I find your lack of understanding disturbing.

i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-2.j

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 3

As a lawyer, I find your lack of understanding disturbing.

i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-2.j

So lawyers are basically like Darth Vader. Got it.

• Like 1

Well, I am disappointed at the demise of the ability to watch favorite shows from the past whenever I wanted to so I will just spend 19.95 for one regional to see all the shows and then go to the theater for the yearly prelim show. This is the part that sucks living in CA since the live show (Stanford) I will get to see is basically a shell of the shows that will be available to those in the Midwest and South.

I don't blame you.

I'll get to see 10 corps live at DATR, but the only way I can see all the corps is to pay to see a regional. I'll probably wait for Atlanta, though I suspect the regionals will cost a bit more than the $19.95 cost for regular shows.

• Like 1

I don't blame you.

I'll get to see 10 corps live at DATR, but the only way I can see all the corps is to pay to see a regional. I'll probably wait for Atlanta, though I suspect the regionals will cost a bit more than the $19.95 cost for regular shows.

You are right. I am sure the regional shows will cost more. I suppose I would go up to 29.99 for the regional, otherwise it is just Stanford and the yearly theater prelim show.

What's your internet speed look like? You can test it at Ookla's speedtest.net

For example, mine looks like this:

4426134315.png

As you can see, I love my FIOS :)

Yup, me too. Too bad Verizon is selling FiOS to Frontier in Florida, California, and Texas....

4426812733.png

all I wanted was a simple answer. DVR or not. The whole world can't change their schedule to be able to watch all the shows. I watched every single show last year and loved it. I sent them quite a few thank you letters for doing a good job.

You know darn well he didn't write that just for me. it's a form letter.

I music industry is beating them on the head real hard now. I get that. Rundgren suggested streaming service almost 30 years ago but they were too dumb to listen. Now they are scrambling to figure out how they can still skim of the cream like they always did.

Wow! A Todd Rundgren mention on DCP! I have been a huge TR fan since 1975. Todd told all of the top record executives that they were about to be in real trouble, & no one believed him, As you said, Todd suggested a music subscription service very similar to Netflix but no one was interested.

DCI just conducted a survey about the Fan Network over the winter. I guess most of the responses must have indicated that the F.N. was more convenient than they wanted it to be.

I never got a survey, and I've been a subscriber since the beginning. Really DCI never sends me anything...

They certainly are taking me for granted. I won't be renewing if there is no DVR AND no Historical stuff. Plus, I liked Brighthouse.

Edited by jjeffeory