2016 Prediction Thread

Saw the Cavaliers in Dubuque, I was not that impressed. someone needs to put a stopwatch on the horn line to see how much they actually play.

Is that even on the sheets?

That's what I hear when someone has complaints about the Blue Devils and the way they do different things from time to time.

So, you do something, and then move on to something else. No need to play an entire show. There's music during the entire show, be it solos, solis, front ensemble, battery, or everyone at once.

Felliniesque had brilliant drill to body writing. Brilliant. I saw them from the side a couple times (that was my age out year) and it was phenomenal. I marched a World Class finalist all of my years and from the side that show was clean. The tambourine girls didn't hurt either.

...watching drill from the side will tell you if it's clean or not...many modern drill teachers never really get over there, the box being the "coolest" place to be and all (heh)...but there's still a field judge and *he* sees it all. Learned this technique from Jim Costello many years ago and still hang out in the 'zone alot.

• Like 2

Please excuse my tardiness to the predictions page. The tea leaves were steeping at their own pace. The Majic 8 Ball keeps telling me to go do something obscene to my myself. The Ouija Board is getting senile and my Crystal ball has a chip in it. But I've managed to overcome these minor obstacles and come up with the list.

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers

6. Cadets

7. Crossmen

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Academy

12. Madison Scouts

• Like 1

The only thing I feel confident on predicting is that the top three will be the same as last year, not necessarily in the same order though....

The only thing I feel confident on predicting is that the top three will be the same as last year, not necessarily in the same order though....

Seems that way. 4 weeks left BUT at this time, agreed.

Please excuse my tardiness to the predictions page. The tea leaves were steeping at their own pace. The Majic 8 Ball keeps telling me to go do something obscene to my myself. The Ouija Board is getting senile and my Crystal ball has a chip in it. But I've managed to overcome these minor obstacles and come up with the list.

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cavaliers

6. Cadets

7. Crossmen

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Academy

12. Madison Scouts

Swap the spots for the Crossmen and the Blue Stars and you might be onto something.

Saw the Cavaliers in Dubuque, I was not that impressed. someone needs to put a stopwatch on the horn line to see how much they actually play.

It's ironic that the corps that are doing plenty of ensemble playing (ie. Boston and Madison) aren't doing as well as expected on the sheets. The modern judges are looking for more layers. It's seems they want that combination of solos, front ensemble, percussion, electronics and brass.The same goes for drill. It's all about that mix of staging, movement and drill. You can't blame the Cavies for adapting.

It's ironic that the corps that are doing plenty of ensemble playing (ie. Boston and Madison) aren't doing as well as expected on the sheets. The modern judges are looking for more layers. It's seems they want that combination of solos, front ensemble, percussion, electronics and brass.The same goes for drill. It's all about that mix of staging, movement and drill. You can't blame the Cavies for adapting.

I'm not really seeing the correlation. Scouts and Boston are scoring about where they have traditionally. You can go back more than 10 years and see both corps hovering around 10th, give or take, come finals.