Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

I just think with the big black cloth at LOS and the fact the guard uniforms are not neon head to toe, it's too much black. But too late to switch now

• Like 3

I just got off tour with The Cadets on Sunday - the uniform change was planned in January. When they did the first run in the new uniform jackets / drop sash / shako in Annapolis I made a comment to George that they looked good, but were a bit of a shock - he said he was over the new look since the prototype jacket had been hanging in his office since April. No Jeff Sacktig was NOT surprised by this change, it had been planned well before spring training. What you don't hear about, and kudos to the sewing crew is that EVERY uniform (guard and corps) had to be altered to have The Cadet fit. They were made to the measurements from spring training, and all the kids have lost weight. The new unis showed up on Tuesday in Annapolis, and were altered and on the field on Thursday - the 7 women in the sewing crew didn't sleep for two days to get it done - amazing.

Edited by Hardlyrob
  • Like 8

Oh yeah, another comment - they won't go back to Maroon and Gold - those uniforms are in Allentown - there is no place to carry two sets of uniforms on the equipment truck. The YEA box truck took them all back from West Chester to Allentown on Thursday of last week.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, another comment - they won't go back to Maroon and Gold - those uniforms are in Allentown - there is no place to carry two sets of uniforms on the equipment truck. The YEA box truck took them all back from West Chester to Allentown on Thursday of last week.

Good.

In case you missed it, they won 2 of 3 visual judges and 2 of 3 music judges last night. GE is underperforming, that is true, maybe it's the unis maybe not -- most likely that guard design/performance is the biggest factor.

Onward and upward to Champs, Cadets!

• Like 2

This is what I figured. Even though I am not a fan of the all black look, it's fine for now. It's not the worst look on the field, I just think it hides some of their amazing drill and the clarity of some of Jeff's amazing sets. Either way I love the show and wish them well. Definitely a bold move on the Cadets part, and I can definitely appreciate that. I loved all the hype surrounding it and it was kind of fun. Sometimes these things don't always pan out perfectly, but like I said it's not a bad look and with the lighting in Lucas Oil I think they will be fine. Please just CLEAN that show, Cadets!

It’s send the wrong message to the member to switch now, could really undermine their confidence

I don’t feel this show is cleaning the way it should be, a lot of leaning into moves, dirty rotations, getting that 2009 vibe. Also, as they are finishing the show, a certain amount of cheese is showing up in the GE that’s been there all year but now is holding it back. The counting, neon and Shosti don’t mix for me, sort of a disconnect between the music and the mood…so I feel the black helps

Edited by cowtown

This is Shostakovich! What the Cadets really need is a giant pullover of Dmitri flipping Uncle Joe the bird....perfect for his 10th Symphony would be that little extra bit of GE they need.