Carolina Crown 2016

Holy Garfield was in the mix too.

Right, I was just saying the ones that I remembered in last seconds of the race.

"Self-defense" is the phony, cliched way that almost every action film ever uses to justify the hero executing the villain, so the audience can pretend they're not bloodthirsty. (In real life, most violent criminals don't die in gunfights with the police.) It's so refreshing when a story doesn't do that.

Better to have the hero shoot the villain in the back than to resort to a jerry-rigged self-defense. "Spartacus" had the guts and honesty to make the audience root for cold-blooded murder.

I understand where you are coming from. I liked the old ending better but with the statement earlier that crown didn't want the revenge killing that's the only way to kill the robber in the end. I would like Roxy the flag down the stagecoach and when he stops the son kill him that way Roxy could get revenge too. The show is called relentless. Just seems that the title implies that justice will be served.

I understand where you are coming from. I liked the old ending better, but with the statement earlier that Crown didn't want the revenge killing, that's the only way to kill the robber in the end. I would like Roxy the flag down the stagecoach and when he stops the son kill him that way Roxy could get revenge too. The show is called "Relentless". Just seems that the title implies that justice will be served.

I guess I'm wondering why the villain needs to be killed at all? As the show ends now, he's apprehended.

And I am reminded of a line from G.K. Chesterton, as quoted in J.R.R. Tolkien's essay, "On Fairy-stories":

"Children are innocent and love justice, while most of us are wicked and prefer mercy."

(Also I feel like repeating what I said before: Crown's new ending is closer to the spirit of two classic Westerns, Red River and The Searchers.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Actually this ending is not what was originally planned before the season started and they decided to change it for certain reasons. If you want proof I can PM it to you.

I'd take that proof! Sounds intriguing!

I guess I'm wondering why the villain needs to be killed at all? As the show ends now, he's apprehended.

And I am reminded of a line from G.K. Chesterton, as quoted in J.R.R. Tolkien's essay, "On Fairy-stories":

"Children are innocent and love justice, while most of us are wicked and prefer mercy."

(Also I feel like repeating what I said before: Crown's new ending is closer to the spirit of two classic Westerns, Red River and The Searchers.)

Two classics out of how many classic westerns? Children are sheltered these days and that's not exactly a great thing...it's because of them being sheltered that they don't know how to defend themselves against a bully or anything, so as they grow older, they resort to guns. Maybe if we teach them to take up for themselves and that guns don't kill people, people kill people, that maybe we can get back to where we once were. Nobody batted an eye at Phantom but dear God, 8 years later Crown is shooting someone and America's up in arms!

Lol. Its ok if some don't love the new ending. Also we are talking about a 12 minute drum corps show, not a 2 hour movie that allows for character growth and development to provide context to an unexpected twist ending. Instead you end up with an eye roll. Especially in today's pc crazy world. Jmo

Just wanted to pop in real quick since last night was the first time seeing Crown live.

Holy Mother of Sweet Baby Jesus, their hornline is sick.

Guard seemed to have a bit of a rough night, but #### are they doing some work!

The new ending was at the opposite end of the field from where I was sitting, so I was trying too hard to focus on what was happening down there to see the Crown set develop. Maybe lost a bit of it's impact, but looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow to get a second read.

Besides Bloo, the only corps of the night that you could tell people couldn't wait to stand up for at the end. Definitely working its way into my Top Crown Shows!

• Like 3