Phantom Regiment 2016

I may be wrong, but what a corps is and/or does is not about what the fans want or think they should be. While the support of a corps' fans is very important, the fans should be supportive regardless of what direction the corps chooses to take stylistically. IIMHO a corps that does not move forward design wise will soon become irrelevant to the activity, which could be very detrimental to it's existence. One's identity can change and not be lost.

Good sentiment.

I think if a corps chooses to go in a certain direction, the fans may long be fans and won't support them. Alumni may support a corps no matter what, but this is an age old problem. Check out the movie "Drumline" for an example of the pressures involved.

I may be wrong, but what a corps is and/or does is not about what the fans want or think they should be. While the support of a corps' fans is very important, the fans should be supportive regardless of what direction the corps chooses to take stylistically. IIMHO a corps that does not move forward design wise will soon become irrelevant to the activity, which could be very detrimental to it's existence. One's identity can change and not be lost.

I said a long time ago that the powers that be at PR don't know how to program for modern drum corps. They don't seem to be able to carve their identity into the future to be competitive and relevant. They're lost.

Just listened to Into the Light at the gym and if this show is anything like that I will be extremely happy. I look forward to this year!

If "anything like that" translates to 150 talented kids marching, playing and spinning I'm right there with you. 2010 was a show that was quintessentially Phantom yet a huge step out of their comfort zone. I would love for them to recapture that magic.

• Like 1

Just listened to Into the Light at the gym and if this show is anything like that I will be extremely happy. I look forward to this year!

That is still one of the best shows they ever fielded.

• Like 1

But I'm in the minority because I loved last year's show.

I didn't love it, but I liked it. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Swan Lake (2014) but I know I'm in the minority for that one.