Epiphany: Phantom should do New World in 2016!

Phantom's '89 show was also my introduction to the "New World" symphony, and I remember particularly being puzzled by what sounded like the theme from Jaws in the closer.

I remember that too. Or rather maybe Jaws stole from NWS!

• Like 2

I just think the 1989 version is too iconic. I mean visually, the corps moved beautifully, especially in the closer.

Aside from the ride cymbal faux jazz portion, the music was spectacular.

I just don't know if it would have that same feeling it did in 1989.

I wouldn't mind seeing the corps tackle some classics for 2016, but I would suggest leaving "New World" out.

Oh, and please for the love of god, don't put "Fire of Eternal Glory" back on the field, no way could it live up to the 1993 version.

Maybe something along the lines of 1991-the opera show, with new music though!

• Like 1

Leos Janáček's Sinfonietta will be 90 years old next year. There have been calls for Phantom to play it on these forums going back a decade or so. Maybe they finally will. (Although it's not in the public domain for another five years, I think.)

• Like 2

Leos Janáček's Sinfonietta will be 90 years old next year. There have been calls for Phantom to play it on these forums going back a decade or so. Maybe they finally will. (Although it's not in the public domain for another five years, I think.)

Presenting Phantom Regiment's 2021 show: Sinfonietta!

That's my favorite show from Regiment (aside from '96 maybe-- call it a tie), and I just don't see how a remake could top it. But I desperately want them to do something in that vein. Hard corps, in your face, beautiful music. No story. No characters. Just ###### drum corps. Oh, and the all white uniforms with black baldrics. Pretty, pretty please. With sugar on top.

• Like 1